Patni Appoints Group VP
Patni Computer Systems, a global IT and BPO services provider has appointed Fred Cohen as group vice-president, heading the company s global asset management practice.
Cohen brings more than 20 years of management experience in the finance sector, focusing on product development, business strategy and project management for large financial institutions. He will operate out of Patni s North American headquarters in Cambridge, Mass.
Patni s asset management practice works with financial services firms, including mutual fund companies, hedge funds and banks, helping them to align their IT and business processes to improve efficiencies, contain costs and reduces market risks. We are perfectly positioned to help the financial services industry retools during these difficult times, said Vic D Alfonso, senior vice president, Financial Services, at Patni Americas. Under Fred s direction we will be able to further develop our asset management portfolio in a way that will enable customers to realize their business initiatives.
Cohen comes to Patni from State Street Corp., where he was senior vice-president in the company s conversion PMO management. He has earlier also held senior roles at The BISYS Group, DST Systems, Thomson Financial and Lehman Brothers.
I look forward to guiding Patni s strong global asset management practice and developing new vertically integrated solutions to help companies involved in mergers, acquisitions and carve-outs of business units, Cohen said. We can help companies take their business objectives to the next level by leveraging our expertise and driving operational improvements in middle- and back-office systems, introducing new cost containment methodologies and instituting IT portfolio rationalization techniques.
During his career, he has developed and managed large-scale systems and integrated complex operations, and coordinated technology, business and client services at all levels of an organization. He has led large and distributed design teams on both the technical and business sides, and has led global teams that converted more than 10,000 hedge and mutual funds across many accounting platforms, according to a press release.
- Rubique To Expand To 100 Cities by March 2018
- Nissan Motor Appoints Anthony Thomas As Global CIO
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Why Artificial Intelligence Is Poised To Disrupt E-Commerce
- How To Combat Online Harassment At The Workplace
- Intelâ€™s Former CEO Paul Otellini Dies At 66
- Outsourcing To India Is A Suitable Option For Another 3 Decades: Study
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner