PayPal hires former Visa executive Rupert Keeley
PayPal has appointed Rupert Keeley as Senior Vice President for the Asia Pacific region.
With more than 30 years of dealing in banking and payments, Keeley will manage PayPal’s fastest-growing region and will be responsible for increasing the company’s presence and capabilities across Asia Pacific.
Keeley will report to Scott Thompson, President of PayPal, and will be based in the company’s international headquarters in Singapore.
“Rupert will drive our aggressive Asia Pacific growth strategy, attract and develop great talent for our company, and enhance our relationships with key customers, partners and regulators across the region,” said Scott Thompson, President of PayPal. “His extensive global expertise and relationships in the payment industry will accelerate the momentum of our fast-growing Asia Pacific business.”
Prior to joining PayPal, Keeley worked at Visa Inc. for 11 years, most recently as Group Executive and President of the Asia Pacific and CEMEA regions, and as a Section 16 Officer of the company.
He also was Visa’s president of the Asia Pacific region for nine years and served as Visa’s global head of strategy and corporate development. Before joining Visa International in 1999, Keeley held a number of senior management positions with Standard Chartered plc based in London, Singapore and the Middle East.
- Is It Time To Say 'Goodbye' To Passwords?
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- India Sees Highest Rise in Online Shopping in Asia Pacific
- Narvar Appoints Srivatsa Narasimhan As India VP
- PayPal Launches Domestic Operations In India
- Big Data Analytics Firm Dataiku Expands Into Asia Pacific
- APAC CIOs Leading Adoption of Disruptive Technologies: Gartner
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- Infosys To Hire 6K Techies Over The Next Two Years