PCS Joins Mainframe Migration Alliance
Patni Computer Systems has announced that it has entered the Mainframe Migration Alliance (MMA), an industry representation enabled by Microsoft and industry partners to help customers seamlessly migrate workloads off the mainframe and onto the Microsoft Windows platform.
MMA offers customers the information they need to achieve the scalability, reliability, and security achieved on the mainframe.
“Patni’s mainframe and domain expertise will benefit customers looking to transition from monolithic legacy systems to Windows-based platforms that accelerate product development and decision making, and achieve better interoperability,” said Spyros Sakellariadis, Director - mainframe migration alliance, Microsoft Corp.
Patni brings mainframe platform, development and engineering life-cycle experience to MMA. Also, Patni’s Center of Excellence for Microsoft technologies equips it for modernization implementations. Its .NET expertise helps it address clients in the insurance, financial services, manufacturing and telecom verticals.
“In many applications, mainframes no longer make business sense. The Alliance gives us the opportunity of working even closer with Microsoft in providing the solutions required to transition these applications to more flexible and affordable Microsoft platforms,” said Harish Bhat, Sr. VP - ISV business unit, Patni.
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- 8 Out Of 10 Most Valuable Brands Are In Tech: Study
- IBM Is Unlocking Tribal Knowledge With Data
- We See New Opportunities In India's Enterprise Market: Zendesk CEO
- Starbucks Brews Up Digital Transformation With Microsoft Azure
- AI, Voice To Disrupt Travel Market
- Facebook Updates Workplace To Woo Business Consumers