PepperTap Buys Jiffstore To Boost Customer Experience
Gurgaon-based online grocery delivery major PepperTap has acquired Bangalore-based hyperlocal grocery delivery startup Jiffstore in a cash-and-stock deal, even though the details were not disclosed. The purpose of this acquisition is to improve customer experience by combining force.
Jiffstore was founded by Shameel Abdulla, and his friends Aswin Ram, Satish Basavaraj and Sandeep Sreenath in 2013. It was also part of TLabs incubator and had raised a total of $500,000 in funding from Unitus Seed Fund and Times Internet last year. Jiffstore will completely merge its operations with PepperTap and its 40-member-team will join PepperTap’s Gurgaon and Bengaluru offices, said a company statement.
“We have always been strong on the tech side and had tied up with almost 120 stores. But Jiffstore was operational only in Bengaluru while PepperTap was all-India. We were both operating in the same space so it made sense for us to join hands with PepperTap,” said Abdulla in a statement.
PepperTap also announced that it had closed its Series B round of funding by raising an additional $4 million from Innoven Capital. Industrialists Siddharth Pansari and Apurva Salarpuria have picked up around 10% stake in Bengaluru-based home interior solution startup Design Cafe.
Of late large FMCG companies too have been seen launching their sampling campaigns or new products like Lipton Ice Tea, Amira Rice, Tata Grand Coffee, Sprite Zero, Coke Zero and Dabur Yoodley on the PepperTap app.
PepperTap has further entered into marketing tie-ups with other start-ups who will collaborate with them in a cross-marketing activity to bring attractive gifts for the users and has come up with Partners App, offering an experience where customers can take better decisions on stocks, quantities and inventory management. The app also has a Live Chat feature where users can interact with the support staff and get their queries answered in a jiffy. “This makes a customer’s grocery shopping experience interactive, engaging and instant,” said the company.
- Adobe Acquires Cloud Marketing Firm Marketo
- How Tech Is Helping Rethink Customer Engagement
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- Sanjay Brahmawar Joins Software AG As New CEO
- Humanizing User Experience through AI
- How Fanfare Personalizes Shopping Experience Via Blockchain
- Scalable, Secure Govt Data Centers For Online Citizen Services
- Integrated Marketing Helps Connect With Consumers Effectively
- Ericsson Opens First India Experience Studio in Gurugram
- 5 Indications That You're Almost Losing A Customer