Philippe Llorens Joins Canopy As CEO
Canopy, the cloud subsidiary of Atos backed by VMware and EMC announced that it has appointed Philippe Llorens as CEO. Philippe will lead the Canopy team to further strengthen its offering and market positioning in order to firmly establish it as the European leader in cloud serving clients globally.
According to Ursula Morgenstern, Global CEO of Canopy, the Atos cloud, and Enterprise Software, “We are delighted to welcome Philippe to Canopy and are sure that with his experience, he will lead the team to further improve our service to our clients.”
“I am excited to be joining Canopy which offers clients the complete cloud portfolio to support them on their journey to becoming a digital business tomorrow. We have an excellent basis on which to further strengthen our business and I am looking forward to working with the Canopy team and our clients,” says Philippe Llorens, CEO, Canopy.
With over 30 years’ experience and a proven track record of success in the software business, IT infrastructure and services, Philippe joins Canopy from Compuware, where he has been leading successfully the EMEA sales & field operations for nearly 15 years.
Michael A, who reported to Philippe at Compuware and now VP EMEA at Dynatrace describes him as an inspirational leader, a true motivator and a strategic thinker. “Philippe’s work rate is phenomenal, always present, hands on and a great dynamic networker at all levels of the customer organization. He built and developed a top-class results driven sales team in Southern Europe and then repeated it again across EMEA,” he says.
Before joining Compuware, he was General Manager in Western Europe for Lotus Development. Prior to Lotus, Philippe spent 20 years with companies like GFI, Digital Equipment Corp., Thales and Sun Microsystems where he held various sales and sales leadership positions. He has a Master’s Degree in Business Administration and Management from ESC in Montpellier.
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Datamato Bets On AI, IoT; Focuses On Newer Markets
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- Cognitive Computing: An Essential Science In HR
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner