Phishers Target UTI Bank
The latest to join the bandwagon of banks whose customers have been targeted by phising mails, is UTI Bank.
Off late, phishers have become very active in the Indian banking scene. SBI and ICICI Bank are some of the banks, which have already gone through the travails concerned with phishers. Now, cleverly spoofed mails using the logo of UTI Bank are doing the rounds.
The mail informs customers and even non-customers that their UTI Bank account could be suspended if they did not re-update their account information. It asks customers to click on a link and re-enter account information.
The mail further informs that if the problems could not be resolved, the customers’ account will be suspended for a period of 24 hours, after this period your account will be terminated.
The exact text of the mail is as follows:
Dear Utibank customer
We regret to inform you that your Utibank account could be suspended if you don’t re-update your account information. To resolve this problems please click here and re-enter your account information. If your problems could not be resolved your account will be suspended for a period of 24 hours, after this period your account will be terminated.
For the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us. We may also take these actions if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us.
Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using Utibank in any way. This includes the registering of a new account. Please note that this suspension does not relieve you of your agreed-upon obligation to pay any fees you may owe to Utibank.
Regards,Safeharbor Department Utibank, Inc
The Utibank team.
This clearly indicates the extent to which phishing has made inroads in the Indian net-banking scenario, even though the scene is still not as bad as in the other US and other countries.
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- 5 Steps CISOs Can Implement to Enhance Customer Experience
- Top Tips To Avoid Last-Minute GDPR ‘Cramming’
- NIC Steps Up Its Efforts To Hire More Cyber Security Pros
- Building Better Data Protection and Steering Clear of GDPR Violations
- GDPR Law Boosts Cyber Security Jobs in India: Study
- How HR Analytics Can Be A Game-Changer In The Banking Industry