PM Modi Shares Views On Digital India Via Twitter
Prime Minister Narendra Modi chose to address his remarks to the 18th National Conference on e-Governance via Twitter. The Prime Minister was supposed to attend the conference in person, but since he was unable to do so, he tweeted out his opening remarks, which is marked as the first of its kind initiative in Indian politics.
The Prime Minister in his Twitter conference said the central government was committed to the Digital India dream and the e-governance was an essential part of that dream. He added that he was confident that e-governance would make processes simpler and remove obstacles in the path of progress and development in the country. He also stressed on the need of mobile Governance and said that, “let us think about ‘mobile first’ and thus give importance to m-Governance (mobile governance). Given that India is poised to be one of the biggest smartphone markets in the world and will be the second biggest by 2016, Modi believes more and more citizen taken to mobiles, m-governance should be the focus of the government.
The theme of this year’s conference revolves around digital governance, skill development & employability. It brings together several delegates from Central & State Govts, Armed Forces, Academia, Industry & private sector, as well as 22 awards will be presented in 12 categories.
“Centre is committed to realizing dream of a Digital India, with a vision to make India a digitally empowered society & knowledge economy,” tweeted Modi.
Modi said that the government and other entities in India needs to extensively use technology in order to ensure progress and he hoped that the conference would result in new ideas and innovation.
“I am sure this all-India conference will become a focal point of several innovative ideas that will help our Nation in the years to come,” he concluded.
- Governance, Risk and Compliance- Trends and Predictions
- How Digital Tech Is Changing Customer Experience
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- How CEO Can Avoid Digital Transformation Failure: McKinsey
- WB To Announce New IT Policy To Woo Investors: CM
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins
- Looking At The World Through A Digital Lens
- How CIOs Can Ensure A Seat At The Strategy Table
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India
- Dentistry And Its Glorious Digital Future