PMC Bank selects IBM Smarter Computing
Punjab & Maharashtra Co-op. Bank Ltd (PMC), one of India’s youngest co-operative banks, has selected the IBM Smarter Computing approach to IT to accelerate its growth and reach in the fast developing financial services landscape in India. PMC Bank chose to migrate its applications including core banking to an IBM infrastructure with Power Systems to support the growing needs of its more than 66 branches, two extension counters and ATM network, while strengthening its online presence through remote banking.
“We want to offer our clients a banking experience which is easier, faster, more convenient and secure,” said H Krishna Karanth, General Manager, PMC Bank. “We also want to enhance the role of our branches and let them focus on providing financial services advice and counsel, while leaving the transactions part to the IT infrastructure.”
PMC Bank implemented IBM Power Systems built with IBM BladeCenter H, POWER7 blades, AIX operating system, IBM Storwize V7000 storage system and IBM Tivoli Storage Manger. The entire implementation and consolidation was done in association with IBM Business Partner Orient Technologies.
- How Smart Cities Of The Future Can Get Smarter
- IT Veteran Neelam Dhawan Joins Ecosystm As Board Advisor
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- How Businesses Can Generate Insights From IOT Devices
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story
- Why Big Enterprises Are Leaving Cloud For Other Tools
- IIIT-H, TalentSprint Set To Make India AI-ML Ready
- NDCP 2018: Preparing India For A Digital Future?