PMC Bank selects IBM Smarter Computing
Punjab & Maharashtra Co-op. Bank Ltd (PMC), one of India’s youngest co-operative banks, has selected the IBM Smarter Computing approach to IT to accelerate its growth and reach in the fast developing financial services landscape in India. PMC Bank chose to migrate its applications including core banking to an IBM infrastructure with Power Systems to support the growing needs of its more than 66 branches, two extension counters and ATM network, while strengthening its online presence through remote banking.
“We want to offer our clients a banking experience which is easier, faster, more convenient and secure,” said H Krishna Karanth, General Manager, PMC Bank. “We also want to enhance the role of our branches and let them focus on providing financial services advice and counsel, while leaving the transactions part to the IT infrastructure.”
PMC Bank implemented IBM Power Systems built with IBM BladeCenter H, POWER7 blades, AIX operating system, IBM Storwize V7000 storage system and IBM Tivoli Storage Manger. The entire implementation and consolidation was done in association with IBM Business Partner Orient Technologies.
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- Fog Computing Market To Cross USD 700 Mn By 2024
- Datamato Bets On AI, IoT; Focuses On Newer Markets
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Cognitive Computing: An Essential Science In HR
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?
- Microsoft Gears Up For Quantum Computing Ecosystem
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Sep18-23)
- Bank Branches Will Not Die Anytime Soon: Study
- AI, Machine Learning, Cognitive Computing - Learn These Or Perish