PMC Bank to secure high speed connectivity for internet banking
Punjab Maharashtra Cooperative Bank (PMC Bank) has recently deployed application delivery controllers (ADC) solutions to serve customers with secure high speed connectivity for internet and mobile banking transactions. The bank selected Array Networks as its vendor and implementation partner. According to Atul Thakker, Vice President - Information Technology at PMC Bank, faced by business challenges of service outage, especially in the event of an application or datacenter failure, the bank was looking to enhance their online transaction processing by offering customers high availability, speedy performance and reliable security for its internet and mobile services portals.
In a bid to streamline operations, PMC Bank conducted a detailed requirements analysis with its compliance and networking teams which was subsequently shared with various vendors. After testing some of the leading ADC products, Array Networks’ solution was selected for a month of live internet usage at the bank’s production site, informed Thakker.
The new solution helped PMC Bank provide application availability and security to its customers over the internet. According to Thakker, the bank now provides better service and user experience for both internet and mobile customers, while maintaining compliance with RBI guidelines. The IT department of the PMC Bank now has better visibility and can monitor the internet banking portal hits and other services, delivered to the customers. If the internet banking portal server is unavailable at the data center, the ADC automatically detects this issue and redirects the customers to the available DR site.
Thakker stated that the performance of the internet banking servers was noticeable. “Array has helped us to enhance the business continuity for Internet & Mobile banking applications and we are able to meet the RBI compliance because of the Array Networks ADC solution,” he said.
Shibu Paul, Country Manager, India, ME & ASEAN at Array Networks informed that the solution has reduced the annual operational expenditure of the PMC Bank and the capital expenditure were also lowered due to the ability of Array ADC to offload SSL certificates and SSL processing, that resulted in the reduction of the number of SSL certificates.
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- Using Digital Transformation To Secure Your Bank Locker
- Scalable, Secure Govt Data Centers For Online Citizen Services
- Online-Offline Channel Mix Leads To India's Smartphone Growth: IDC
- There's Potential To Unlock USD 50-Bn in India's Online Commerce
- Online Retailers Seek Inventory Accuracy To Remain Relevant: Study
- Digital Spending In Retail To Grow By $118 Bn By 2022: Zinnov
- A Big Online Boost To India’s Small Businesses
- AR-VR Changing Customer's Shopping Experience
- India Says 'Yes' To Net Neutrality; What Does It Mean