PNB Housing Finance sanctions IT networking drive
Delhi-based PNB Housing Finance is planning to centralize its 25 branches throughout India.
Speaking exclusively to CXOtoday, Saurav Thakurta, IT head, PNB Housing, said, “Our basic aim is to put all our distributed databases on the network, and we are in the process of finalizing bidders for the project.ù
Thakurta added, “Our servers are Unix based with Oracle at the back-end, and Visual Basic running the front-end.”
PNB Housing Finance has 22 branches spread across the country, and 3 new additions will be completed soon.
Service providers like Satyam, HCL Technologies and Jaipur based Natural Technologies have already bid for the project.
According to sources, approximately Rs 5-10 Crore will be pumped into the ‘IT revamp,ù over a period of 4-5 months.
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?
- The Future Of Banking Is Paperless, Say Experts
- Fintech Revolution: How India, APAC Cos Are Moving Ahead
- This Malware Can Hit Hundreds Of Banks, Warn Researchers
- Machines Poised to Take Over 30% Of Bank Jobs: Study
- Big Data And The Art Of Personalized Banking
- Trickbot, A New Threat to Indian Online Banking
- Online Banking Hacks Cost Banks $1.8 Mn Each
- Banks Should Prop Up IT To Avoid GST Challenges
- Telecom Debt Do Not Pose Systemic Risk To Banks: Fitch