Policlinico San Marco selects Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), a provider of open source solutions, has announced that Policlinico San Marco, a health services provider in Italy, has standardized its mission-critical infrastructure on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and Red Hat Enterprise Linux. The organization migrated from Citrix XenServer on Microsoft Windows to the Red Hat combination on Dell (NASDAQ:DELL) servers to achieve improved performance, security and scalability.
“We decided to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for both performance and cost reasons,” said Francesco Camisa, deputy managing director of Policlinico San Marco. The combined Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment runs Policlinico San Marco’s infrastructure services, including e-mail, instant messaging (IM), IP telephony and Oracle databases, as well as high-end medical applications such as the management system for radiology.
“By selecting Red Hat for our infrastructure we now have a secure and scalable platform that we can rely on, which allows us to focus on our core business. The combination of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and Red Hat Enterprise Linux is powerful with a shared ecosystem, fast ROI and low TCO,” added Camisa.
- 7 Trends Driving IT Transformation In India
- Microsoft, Accenture Team Up To Help Start-Ups
- India-Israel-US Strengthen Ties At Nasscom's Tech Triangle Summit
- Qlik Appoints Mike Capone As New CEO
- Hyper-Converged Infrastructure To Accelerate IT Transformation
- 2018 Will Be The Year Of The Hybrid Cloud
- CES 2018: What's In Store For The Enterprise?
- Are Wearables Finally Taking Off In The Enterprise
- Making AR-VR Technologies Enterprise Ready
- Testing Times For Data Center Of The Future