Policlinico San Marco selects Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), a provider of open source solutions, has announced that Policlinico San Marco, a health services provider in Italy, has standardized its mission-critical infrastructure on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and Red Hat Enterprise Linux. The organization migrated from Citrix XenServer on Microsoft Windows to the Red Hat combination on Dell (NASDAQ:DELL) servers to achieve improved performance, security and scalability.
“We decided to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for both performance and cost reasons,” said Francesco Camisa, deputy managing director of Policlinico San Marco. The combined Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment runs Policlinico San Marco’s infrastructure services, including e-mail, instant messaging (IM), IP telephony and Oracle databases, as well as high-end medical applications such as the management system for radiology.
“By selecting Red Hat for our infrastructure we now have a secure and scalable platform that we can rely on, which allows us to focus on our core business. The combination of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and Red Hat Enterprise Linux is powerful with a shared ecosystem, fast ROI and low TCO,” added Camisa.
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- Smart City Mission: Tier II-III Cities Take the Lead
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Why VPN Services Are Getting More And More Popular
- Microservices, Latency and Alligators in the Pond
- Adoption of Social Business Models Growing, Says ISG