Prabhat K Singh Joins McAfee AVERT Labs
As part of its continued focus on the antimalware and security services space in India, McAfee Inc. announced the appointment of Prabhat Singh as senior director for Asia-Pacific-Japan operations of McAfee Avert Labs.
Singh is credited for starting the antivirus research operations for McAfee India at Bangalore in 2009.
"With his strong track record in to the information security industry, we are sure Prabhat would make an excellent addition to our team. Prabhat’s inclusion in the AVERT team will add significant value to customer and partner success in APAC," said Steve Redman, president, APAC.
Singh has over 14 years of experience in carrying out security and data forensics research. He has helped build and manage large security research operations and product development teams for leading global security companies.
"I am glad to be with McAfee. At a time when Internet security has become a subject of national concern, McAfee is doing some great work in the online security space to help consumers and enterprises be more secure. In my role at McAfee, I aim to further strengthen McAfee’s stand in the online security space," Singh said.
Prior to joining McAfee, Singh started and managed Symantec Security Response and engineering in India. Singh also established and managed the security services operations center for Symantec in India and was instrumental in getting the ISO 27001 certification for the India SOC.
Singh holds a Master’s degree in Computer Science from the University of Louisiana, Lafayette, and is the founding member of the Virus Research Laboratory at the University.
- Datamato Bets On AI, IoT; Focuses On Newer Markets
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- Password Protected Wi-Fi Is Also Prone To Hacks: Study
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Flipkart To Invest USD 500 Mn In Its Payments Arm PhonePe
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India