Premji: We Should be Ready for Global Competition
Wipro chief Azim Premji has asked the Indian IT industry to get ready to face
the global competition, and not fall into the ‘India Advantage’ mind trap.
talked a lot about
advantage. That makes me extremely worried. We should prepare ourselves to face
the global competition," Premji said at the 5th India
Innovation Summit 2009, organized by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
Five years ago, BPO exports from the
That shows that competition is universal and we just cannot take success for
granted, he said.
Infosys said, "’We have to be always on our toes. We cannot be complacent about
the lead we have, we cannot be complacent about competition."
"The growth of India’s IT exports has come down to 12-14% in 2008-09 from a compounded annual growth rate of 30%+ till 2007. If one went by guidance of leading companies and less-leading ones, growth is going to be a huge challenge in 2009-10," said Premji.
- Outsourcing To India Is A Suitable Option For Another 3 Decades: Study
- 5 Specs Of A Futuristic Office Space
- Chatbots Will Change The Dynamics Of Recruitment
- Infosys To Hire 6K Techies Over The Next Two Years
- Indian Firms Need To Improve Their IT Security Posture: Gartner
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Aug 21-25)
- Can Nandan Nilekani Bring Infosys Back On Track?
- Infosys Saga: Nandan Nilekani Appointed Chairman
- Infosys Saga: Leadership Lessons For Founder-CEOs
- Infosys Crisis: Can Founders Ever Walk Away From Their Companies?