Procurement Outsourcing Contracts Decreased in '08
According to Everest Research’s 2009 annual report - new contracts for procurement outsourcing (PO) services declined in 2008, while expansion of existing contracts sustained a 30% annual growth rate.
The study revealed that annual contract value of PO spend surpassed the $1 billion mark in 2008, with large companies signing 54% of all new PO contracts signed last year. However, the total number of new contracts signed decreased as compared to 2007. At the same time, strong interest and expansion of existing contracts sustained a 30 % annual growth rate.
The ‘Procurement Outsourcing (PO) Annual Report 2009: Shifting Buyer Preferences Dictate New Engagement Models’ said market growth was evident as suppliers’ managed, non-core PO spend was up $16 billion over the previous year, crossing $110 billion.
"Last year’s drop in new contract spending is the result of a changing buyer approach, not a lack of interest in PO," said Katrina Menzigian, vice president of Everest Research Institute. End-to-end PO suppliers Accenture, IBM, and, ICG Commerce hold nearly 80 % of market share. IBM accounted for 70 % of new TCV signed last year.
"Suppliers need to focus on pursuing organic growth opportunities, leverage Finance and Accounting Outsourcing (FAO) to expand into PO services and create differentiation through strategic use of global sourcing," said Saurabh Gupta, research director of Everest and co-author of the report.
- Study Reveals Why CISO Should Report To The CEO
- India Ranks 7th On Web Application Attacks: Akamai
- More Customer-Facing Firms Will Use Chatbots In 2-3 Years
- India’s Digital Payments Will Touch USD 1-Tn By 2022: Report
- Digital Engineering Spend To Grow 124 pc By 2022
- India's Digital Consumer Spending Still Nascent: Google-BCG
- AI, Robotics Are All Here; Are Business Leaders Ready?
- Positive Feedback Can Enhance Productivity Among IT Staff: Report
- E-Commerce Payment Market To Reach USD 135 Bn By 2023: Study
- Direct Co-ordination With CEO Can Maximise Cyber Security