Progressive Infotech implements private cloud at IIT Delhi
Progressive Infotech, an independent provider of IT Infrastructure solutions and services, has recently implemented India’s first private cloud at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi. This installation is expected to enable IIT Delhi to consolidate its entire departments into a common account.
“The setup of the private cloud at IIT Delhi is a milestone for us. This integrated solution enables long distance VMotion for the first time as a private cloud and does not require re-architecture of their local or remote networks,” remarked Prateek Garg, founder, CEO and MD, Progressive Infotech.
The Progressive Infotech and VMware cloud migration solution moves VMotion from the binds of the local data center of IIT Delhi and enables live migration of both VMs and the back-end storage across the WAN between data centers and clouds informed the company.
The set-up is meant to offer flexibility to IIT Delhi, allowing them to move around the workloads easily for load balancing purposes and to allocate computing resources. The institute expects this cost effective set-up of private cloud to enable the re-use of old data.
“We are happy with the support provided by VMware and Progressive to the IIT Delhi CSC team to implement a private cloud at IIT Delhi, especially in setting up the physical infrastructure. They have been responsive to our needs and helped us in setting up a facility that has been well appreciated by the user community,” remarked Subhashis Banerjee, Professor, Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Delhi.
- Adobe Acquires Cloud Marketing Firm Marketo
- Cloud Is Critical For Driving Semicon Industry's Growth
- What's BitLocker’s Role In Encryption And Compliance?
- Key Technologies Redefining Human Resources
- Study Shows Digital Trust Gap Between Companies And Consumers
- Oracle To Showcase Its SaaS Innovation With AI In India
- Is There A Weak Link In Your Encryption Strategy?
- New Security Flaw Grips Most Modern Laptops: F-Secure Researchers
- 6 Key Trends For Artificial Intelligence Powering The Investment Sector
- Firms Keen On Hiring Techies With Soft Skills, Says LinkedIn