Protect Data Acquires Reflex Software
Protect Data AB has announced that it has acquired the privately held Reflex Software Ltd and its subsidiaries. Through the acquisition, Protect Data extends its Pointsec data protection product portfolio with security software, which provides port and device control functionality.
Peter Larsson, CEO, Protect Data said, “Pointsec customers are increasingly looking for port and device control solutions, and Reflex Mag” netics has long since established itself as a leader in this area. Another key factor behind this acquisition is that Reflex Magnetics shares our vision to offer solutions that support customers’ overall security policies, including the requirement for continuous updates to meet evolving threats.”
Reflex Software and its subsidiaries have 35 employees and had net sales of ” 3.1 million in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2006. Protect Data acquires all outstanding shares in Reflex Software Ltd through a transaction that was signed and closed on November 1, 2006.
Using Reflex Magnetics’ product Disknet Pro, enterprises and government agencies can control the use of all communication ports on clients, including access to attached peripherals. Such control may be applied to prevent data transfer to USB memory devices, effectively protecting sensitive information from theft or unauthorized distribution within the organization. Additionally, port control can ensure that corporate IT infrastructure cannot be used for illegal distribution of copyrighted content or installation of malicious software.
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- How Machine Learning Is Changing CIO's Role
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- AI, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics To Rule Healthcare Sector
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- Woman Empowerment Through Edtech
- India Tops Data Literacy And Awareness In APAC: Report