Protect Data Acquires Reflex Software
Protect Data AB has announced that it has acquired the privately held Reflex Software Ltd and its subsidiaries. Through the acquisition, Protect Data extends its Pointsec data protection product portfolio with security software, which provides port and device control functionality.
Peter Larsson, CEO, Protect Data said, “Pointsec customers are increasingly looking for port and device control solutions, and Reflex Mag” netics has long since established itself as a leader in this area. Another key factor behind this acquisition is that Reflex Magnetics shares our vision to offer solutions that support customers’ overall security policies, including the requirement for continuous updates to meet evolving threats.”
Reflex Software and its subsidiaries have 35 employees and had net sales of ” 3.1 million in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2006. Protect Data acquires all outstanding shares in Reflex Software Ltd through a transaction that was signed and closed on November 1, 2006.
Using Reflex Magnetics’ product Disknet Pro, enterprises and government agencies can control the use of all communication ports on clients, including access to attached peripherals. Such control may be applied to prevent data transfer to USB memory devices, effectively protecting sensitive information from theft or unauthorized distribution within the organization. Additionally, port control can ensure that corporate IT infrastructure cannot be used for illegal distribution of copyrighted content or installation of malicious software.
- Know Before Getting Your Cloud Architecture In Shape
- CISOs Should Help In Building Digital Trust With Consumers, Says Study
- How AI-ML Are Fueling Video Editing Innovations
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study
- Why Web-scale Is The Future Of Data Center
- GST Spurs Sales Of Accounting Software [Infographic]
- Using AI, Big Data To Design The Right Curriculum