APAC's Public Cloud Market To Reach USD 10 Bn
The public cloud services market in the mature Asia/Pacific (AP) region is forecast to grow 17.7 percent in 2017 to total $10 billion, up from $8.5 billion in 2016, according to Gartner. By 2019, Gartner predicts that total public cloud services spending in the mature AP region will rise to $13.6 billion.
Public cloud services are shared, meterable, elastic and scalable multi-tenanted IT offerings delivered as a subscription-based service to external customers using internet technologies. Gartner categorises Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and South Korea as the mature AP market.
The highest growth for the cloud services market in the mature AP market comes from software as a service (SaaS) with a 28.5 percent increase in 2017, and platform as a service (PaaS) growing 26.7 percent this year.
“The increase in SaaS and PaaS are indicators that migration of application and workloads from on premises data centers to the cloud, as well as development of cloud ready and cloud native applications, are fueling growth in the cloud space,” said Sid Nag research director at Gartner.
“Software vendors will continue to shift investments from on-premises license-based software to cloud-based offerings”, he added.
- Metro Shoes Taps IBM Watson For Digital Commerce
- Modern Cloud Infrastructure Is A Key Growth Enabler
- Smartron Brings AI powered IoT Platform
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Aug 14-18)
- Why Enterprises Should Adopt Hybrid Cloud
- Is India Public-Cloud Ready?
- Brocade Branches Out SDN Controller Into Lumina
- Key Cyber Security Initiatives for Indian Enterprises: Gartner
- Jobs In Indian IT Industry To Bounce Back Soon
- IoT Execs In India Are Paid 76% More Than IT Pros: Study