APAC's Public Cloud Market To Reach USD 10 Bn
The public cloud services market in the mature Asia/Pacific (AP) region is forecast to grow 17.7 percent in 2017 to total $10 billion, up from $8.5 billion in 2016, according to Gartner. By 2019, Gartner predicts that total public cloud services spending in the mature AP region will rise to $13.6 billion.
Public cloud services are shared, meterable, elastic and scalable multi-tenanted IT offerings delivered as a subscription-based service to external customers using internet technologies. Gartner categorises Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and South Korea as the mature AP market.
The highest growth for the cloud services market in the mature AP market comes from software as a service (SaaS) with a 28.5 percent increase in 2017, and platform as a service (PaaS) growing 26.7 percent this year.
“The increase in SaaS and PaaS are indicators that migration of application and workloads from on premises data centers to the cloud, as well as development of cloud ready and cloud native applications, are fueling growth in the cloud space,” said Sid Nag research director at Gartner.
“Software vendors will continue to shift investments from on-premises license-based software to cloud-based offerings”, he added.
- CXOs Struggling To Turn Digital Strategies into Performance
- For Most Firms, Digital Workplace Is Still Distant Dream : Gartner
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- How Robo-Advisors Are Disrupting Financial Services
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- Dell EMC Leads Server Market In Q4 2018, Says Gartner
- 5 Steps CISOs Can Implement to Enhance Customer Experience
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment