Wipro bags Punjab tax IT implementation deal
The Department of Excise and Taxation of Punjab chooses Wipro Infotech for the design, implementation and management of IT infrastructure and outsourced transaction processing.
Punjab’s department of excise and taxation has selected Wipro Infotech, a division of the US $7 billion Wipro Limited, to deploy Tax Management System across the state.
Wipro will be responsible for design, implementation and management of IT infrastructure and outsourced transaction processing. The IT provider will also support activities like procurement, deployment, operations and maintenance of the Department’s IT Infrastructure at various project locations as well as data migration, setting up of various front windows, training, helpdesk and maintenance activities.
Migration of the application and data as required for implementation of Goods and Service Tax (GST) will also be a part of the project.
“We plan to deploy IT systems and services that will ensure efficient payment and collection of taxes across the state,” said Vivek Sharma, General Manager and Business Head, Government and Defence Vertical, Wipro in a statement. The contract details were not given.
Wipro will manage the solution for a period of five years and will undertake design, development, customization, testing and rollout of the Application Software across the state including support.
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Silvan Launches IoT Business Manager for The Enterprise
- IT Should Focus On Business Results: IT Expert
- Digital CFOs Stepping Up Efforts To Transform Finance: Study
- Travel Meets Technology To Redefine Customer Experience
- NIC Steps Up Its Efforts To Hire More Cyber Security Pros