Wipro bags Punjab tax IT implementation deal
The Department of Excise and Taxation of Punjab chooses Wipro Infotech for the design, implementation and management of IT infrastructure and outsourced transaction processing.
Punjab’s department of excise and taxation has selected Wipro Infotech, a division of the US $7 billion Wipro Limited, to deploy Tax Management System across the state.
Wipro will be responsible for design, implementation and management of IT infrastructure and outsourced transaction processing. The IT provider will also support activities like procurement, deployment, operations and maintenance of the Department’s IT Infrastructure at various project locations as well as data migration, setting up of various front windows, training, helpdesk and maintenance activities.
Migration of the application and data as required for implementation of Goods and Service Tax (GST) will also be a part of the project.
“We plan to deploy IT systems and services that will ensure efficient payment and collection of taxes across the state,” said Vivek Sharma, General Manager and Business Head, Government and Defence Vertical, Wipro in a statement. The contract details were not given.
Wipro will manage the solution for a period of five years and will undertake design, development, customization, testing and rollout of the Application Software across the state including support.
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Tech Mahindra Slams Petition Against RCOM Over Dues
- Hiring To Pick Up In Next 6 Months: Report
- Government To Help Feebler Telcos Make Smooth Exit
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- Govts Exploring Blockchain To Boost Fintech Innovation
- How UP Dial 100 Is Changing the Way Police Do Business