Punjab Moots IT Knowledge Park
The state government of Punjab plans to set up a self-contained integrated information technology and knowledge industry park at Rajpura Town in Patiala Districtl.
The decision to establish an IT park was taken at a high-level meeting chaired by Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, a government official said.
If developed, the IT hub would be the first facility of its kind being offered by the state for investment.
Badal has reportedly given in-principle approval for acquisition of common land in six villages - Sehra, Pabra, Sehri, Takhtu Majra, Akri and Akar - for setting up the park.
S.S. Channy, principal secretary in the industries and commerce department, said the project would be developed in a phased manner with residential and social infrastructure facilities like healthcare, recreation, health clubs and hotels.
It has also been proposed to install an Internet tower with satellite connectivity for direct software export and communication and WiMax technology for high-speed wireless connectivity.
- Digital CFOs Stepping Up Efforts To Transform Finance: Study
- IBM Is Unlocking Tribal Knowledge With Data
- Why AWS Is A Growth Engine For Indian Businesses
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- Escaping Automation-Led Redundancy In The Indian IT Industry
- Re-Skilling Efforts To Continue In IT Sector: Nasscom
- Cyber-security Must Focus On The Human Point
- ATM Maker Diebold Sees Demonetization As Big Business Opportunity
- Driving Technology-Led Growth In The Financial Sector
- Top Executive Reshuffle At Samsung Mobile In India: Report