PVR Cinemas deploys retail solutions by NEC
PVR Cinemas has recently deployed retail solutions by NEC India to boost its efficiency and maximize its promotional marketing campaigns. As a network and IT solutions provider, NEC India will provide its state-of-the-art retail solutions, including the latest “TWINPOS G Series” – 3700G2, G5 and G7 models at 12 locations of PVR Cinemas in India, including PVR’s food courts, bowling alleys and multiplexes.
In line with the strategy to increase focus on entertainment, food and beverages and the gaming businesses, this implementation will help PVR streamline its retail functions at a radically low total cost of ownership (TCO) through its exceptional serviceability, reliability and power conservation while enhancing the customer experience.
The “TWINPOS G Series” is designed to meet an ever expanding range of market needs. NEC’s retail solutions ensure powerful energy-efficient performance and quality at low power consumption, owing to reduced carbon emissions and energy saving capabilities. Its unique dual-interface allows multiple Point of Sale (POS) machine functions – one for billing and the other for advertising and promotional campaigns.
“It has been a strategic decision to appoint NEC as retail solution partner for PVR Ltd. With NEC’s assistance, we strongly believe it will improve our service to customers and create a modern ambiance to our properties. We chose NEC because of their reputation, expertise and experience in supporting retail chain stores worldwide,” Jitender Verma, CIO, PVR Limited.
According to Amit Bhatia, Head-Retail Solutions, NEC India, “NEC has been a premier player in the retail technology domain globally and we are honored to be selected as a preferred vendor by the PVR Cinemas further validating our commitment and technological expertise in the sector. With this win, we look forward to strengthening our foothold in the entertainment, gaming as well as food and beverage industry. These verticals hold immense potential in India and it is our endeavor to help brands adopt technology to enhance the customer experience like never before.”
Bhatia said that the company is aiming at doubling its market share in these segments by the end of this financial year.
- Why 4 out of 10 Security Alerts Go Attended Daily In India?
- Oracle To Showcase Its SaaS Innovation With AI In India
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- Cisco Announces A Slew Of Initiatives To Accelerate Digitization In India
- Why Angel Investors Find Startups That Use A CRM Attractive
- BSNL Teams Up With Unlimit To Offer IoT Services To Enterprise
- Policybazaar Deploys Trend Micro’s Solutions To Boost Security
- Focus On Visibility To Prevent Cyber Threat, Says Skybox Exec
- Twitter's India Country Director Taranjeet Singh Steps Down
- Firms Keen On Hiring Techies With Soft Skills, Says LinkedIn