PwC to Expedite e-Projects in Jharkhand
Jharkhand Agency for Promotion of Information Technology (Japit), an autonomous body under the IT Department, has roped in experts from PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) for speedy implementation of national e-governance projects (NEGP) in the state.
The PwC experts will help the state’s e-governance mission team to ensure that the online services, which includes birth and death registrations and filing of income and commercial taxes, benefit the common man, particularly in districts.
The NEGP initiative aims to improve both the internal operations of a state and its interface with citizens as well as ensure quicker decision-making. It is also expected to ensure a greater degree of transparency in governance.
Though around 250-300 e-governance services have been identified at the national level, till now Jharkhand has been able to implement only a few and that, too, partially. These include computerisation of treasuries, jail and transport and registration services, besides initiating videoconferencing and statewide area network, better known as Jharnet, to connect all administrative headquarters with districts, sub-divisions and blocks.
The PwC experts are also expected to suggest new projects to be taken up by the state.
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?
- Fitness Technology To Redefine India's Healthcare Market
- Using Technology To Your Business Advantage
- Govts Exploring Blockchain To Boost Fintech Innovation