PwC to Expedite e-Projects in Jharkhand
Jharkhand Agency for Promotion of Information Technology (Japit), an autonomous body under the IT Department, has roped in experts from PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) for speedy implementation of national e-governance projects (NEGP) in the state.
The PwC experts will help the state’s e-governance mission team to ensure that the online services, which includes birth and death registrations and filing of income and commercial taxes, benefit the common man, particularly in districts.
The NEGP initiative aims to improve both the internal operations of a state and its interface with citizens as well as ensure quicker decision-making. It is also expected to ensure a greater degree of transparency in governance.
Though around 250-300 e-governance services have been identified at the national level, till now Jharkhand has been able to implement only a few and that, too, partially. These include computerisation of treasuries, jail and transport and registration services, besides initiating videoconferencing and statewide area network, better known as Jharnet, to connect all administrative headquarters with districts, sub-divisions and blocks.
The PwC experts are also expected to suggest new projects to be taken up by the state.
- Governance, Risk and Compliance- Trends and Predictions
- How Digital Tech Is Changing Customer Experience
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- SpiderOak CEO Warns Of 10 Cybersecurity Threats For 2018
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question
- Technology Plays A Vital Role In Empowering The Workforce
- Dentistry And Its Glorious Digital Future
- Stratus Unveils Edge Computing Strategy
- GES '17: Ivanka Trump’s Focus On Tech Is Not Misplaced
- 5 Ways Data Will Get Faster, Smarter: NetApp CTO