QAD Opens GRC In Mumbai
QAD, a provider of enterprise applications for manufacturers has opened its first Global Resources Centre (GRC) in India.
Located in Mumbai, QAD’s GRC aims to provide application support, consulting services and R&D activities to support its MFG/ PRO software application and other QAD products for both Indian as well as global customers.
The company said that it selected India to open the center because of the high concentration of highly skilled, English fluent software engineers. The GRC will serve to further strengthen QAD’s presence in the fast growing Indian market segment.
In an exclusive to CXOtoday, Anton Chilton, Services Director, QAD, Asia Pacific said, “GRC marks the next phase of QAD’s evolution - from a consulting and implementation services provider to an IT solutions and services provider with a comprehensive set of offerings. We have been in India for over 10 years now and have gained extensive knowledge of the Indian business environment.”
Verticals like Automotive, Electronics, Food and Beverage, Industrial, and Life Science products will initially be targetted. It already has 130 customers in India, which include both global as well as Indian manufacturers.
“The CTO community will benefit in many ways - for instance, the GRC will allow them to leverage our expertise and resources to accelerate their business applications and get the maximum out of their investment,” said Tony Yip, MD, QAD Asia.
QAD has associated with technology providers TCS in the past and will now be signing a global alliance agreement for marketing and distribution of QAD products in India.
For the Mumbai GRC, the company initially plans to recruit 110 technical specialists, applications consultants, software engineers and other technical resources to work at the new facility. QAD’s existing development and resource centres in Australia, China U.S. and Ireland will support the GRC.
- Digitally Transform For The New Breed Of Customer
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- What Makes Samsung Bullish On India Market?
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins
- Technology Plays A Vital Role In Empowering The Workforce
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020