Qlik Delivers Visual Analytics For IPL
Qlik a leader in visual analytics, has a new application to cater to the legion of Indian Premier League (IPL) fans all over the world. Built on Qlik Sense, the application provides match, player performance, and team analysis across all the cricket seasons including the latest 2016 edition.
Previously, this type of data analysis would have required sifting through multiple data sets using spreadsheets to analyze various aspects of a particular game. But with a platform such as Qlik, one can easily assess and interact with the data to obtain insights and understand IPL data at the click of a button.
Some of the key highlights of the Qlik Sense IPL application include:
League Standings and Season Winners: Overview of each season and how each team performed during the entire season
Team Analysis: Overview of how a particular team has been performing across seasons
Player Analysis: Individual player’s performance can be analyzed across various parameters such as against a particular opponent, season, stage of an innings, and match type
The Qlik Sense IPL application is designed to be user-friendly and intuitive, enabling cricket lovers to engage in self service data analysis to find out more about their favorite teams and players.
Souma Das, Managing Director, Qlik India, said, “We are excited to serve IPL fans an application that can also change the dynamics of cricket. This is a real ‘Moneyball’ kind of situation. The application enables one to undertake an analysis of the IPL seasons so far to measure in-game activity of teams and players alike. Teams themselves can also benefit from the application using features such the best performing batsman or bowler in the last five overs across seasons. This can have a huge influence during player auctions.”
“We also wanted to keep the interface very simple and intuitive for users. You can dive into the statistics and analyze the strengths and weaknesses of each player in detail, or find out how your favourite team has performed in the previous seasons and so forth,’’ added Souma
Link to the Qlik Sense cricket app: http://sense-demo.qlik.com/details/Cricket
- Using AI, Big Data To Design The Right Curriculum
- People Analytics Drives Strong Business Outcomes: Study
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Businesses Speed Up Adoption of Augmented Analytics Tools
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative
- Demystifying AI And Analytics With Sameer Dhanrajani
- How HR Analytics Can Be A Game-Changer In The Banking Industry
- 10 Signs Your Analytics Program Will Fail
- New Technologies Drive Hiring In IT Sector: Survey
- How CIOs Of Midsize Firms Can Drive Digital Transformation