QlikTech Unveils India Strategy
QlikTech, a pure play BI vendors, is expanding its base in India. The company will focus on the healthcare, government, financial services, manufacturing, BPO, and retail segments, which it terms are its top verticals for India.
Eryk Markiewicz, VP (marketing, global alliances and international markets) for the company, told CXOtoday that the vendor will aggressively focus on the BFSI segment. "We consider India as important because of the sales force and the market potential. We also want to increase our OEM partner base and double our headcount in India this year", he said.
Marckiewicz said that QlikTech would also like to tap the telcos at some point. Telco is not our prime focus right now.
On how the company will penetrate the market already congested by SAP (Business Objects), Oracle (Hyperion) and IBM (Cognos), he said, "We have to create brand awareness, and so we will go for a phase-by-phase deployment process. Once an organization is satisfied the project, we will extend our contracts. We are targeting CTOs, sales and marketing people, finance and HR organizations with the solution."
QlikTech has about 200 plus customer base in India. Some of those are LG, Cisco, Bajaj Capital, Reliance Capital, Apollo Tyres, Fullerton India Credit, Tata AIG, Birla Sun Life, L&T Finance, Aditya Birla, Honda, Wipro, Canon among others.
- HDFC Life Selects QlikTech To Reduce Customer Response Time
- Business intelligence market gets commoditized
- IT should enable BI reinvent business models
- User-built BI apps drive innovative decision-making
- Godrej to automate sales and distribution processes
- Hexaware offers QlikView based Business Analytics solutions
- QlikTech rolls out QlikView 10 - BI solution
- Autodesk selects QlikView as BI dashboard solution
- QlikTech looks to 'consumerize' BI, will increase focus in India
- BI Application Built on Android