QUALCOMM Offers QSC1100
CDMA enthusiast QUALCOMM Inc. has introduced QSC1100 - a single-chip solution that can dramatically enhance the performance of CDMA handsets.
According to the company, the new chip would offer double the talk time, as compared to currently available CDMA2000 handsets, and also features multiple technologies that improve network capacity by up to 100%.
“The QSC1100 enables our handset manufacturing partners to further extend their offerings in emerging markets by introducing compelling, attractive devices at new price points,” said Sanjay K. Jha, President, QUALCOMM CDMA Technologies.
Integrating baseband modem, RF transceiver, power management and system memory into a single chip reduces the number of discrete components required, offering savings of up to 50 percent. This also means smaller and sleeker handset designs, reduced development time and faster time to market.
* Voice/ SMS, support for downloadable polyphonic ring tones and wallpapers
* Up to twice the talk time of current CDMA2000 handsets
* 65nm process technology for better, cost effective performance
* Multiple frequency operation, including 450MHz, 800MHz, 1900MHz and 2100MHz
* Allows network operators to prioritize voice capacity or improve network capacity by up to 60%, or double the capacity within the same spectrum.
The QSC1100 solution is expected to sample by the second half of 2007.
- Collaboration Is Powering Modern Enterprise, Government
- Nine Ways To Ensure Cloud Security In Your Organization
- Indian Life Insurers Partner with Cognizant to Develop Blockchain Solution
- Myntra Acquires Smart Wearables Firm Witworks
- 7 Technologies To Increase Business Competitiveness
- Investment to Implementation – Cutting the Long Journey Short
- Google To Work On Its Own Blockchain Technology
- Xerox Is Securing The Future Of Work
- PVR Cinemas Moves To Cloud For HR Transformation
- Embracing Opportunities And Challenges Of Digital Transformation