Quest announces new vWorkspace release
Quest Software has announced a new release of vWorkspace, a single virtualization solution for application delivery and desktop deployments. The new release includes major functionality enhancements including EOP Xtream to speed WAN performance, and integration with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Services to automate deployment and administration, and simplify use.
With the new, patent-pending EOP Xtream, Quest vWorkspace dramatically reduces the effects of network latency to deliver a smooth and enhanced user experience close to that of a physical PC across WAN and Internet/VPN connections. Developed in conjunction with a number of major enterprise customers, EOP Xtream delivers faster screen updates and smoother interaction on high latency connections. These improvements drive user acceptance and will accelerate adoption of desktop virtualization in enterprises, as well as DaaS from the cloud.
Quest vWorkspace now eases setup and use of the services provided in the Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system, including the Remote Desktop Connection Broker. Quest vWorkspace integrates with the Remote Desktop Connection Broker to publish applications and desktops from different host platforms, including the Hyper-V-based Remote Desktop Virtualization Host and the Remote Desktop Session Host, through interfaces including RemoteApp and Remote Desktop Web Access.
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- Know Before Getting Your Cloud Architecture In Shape
- How AI-ML Are Fueling Video Editing Innovations
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- India Says 'Yes' To Net Neutrality; What Does It Mean
- GST Spurs Sales Of Accounting Software [Infographic]
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research
- Public WiFi To Connect India's 40 mn New Users To Internet: Study
- 10 Questions To Ask Your Cloud Vendor Encryption Solutions