Quexst Brings Information Systems Course To India
Information Systems Examination Board (ISEB), a universally recognized qualification offered by the British Computer Society (BCS), hitherto could only be obtained by actually giving the examination in the UK, can now be given sitting right here in India. This has been made possible thanks to the alliance forged by Pune-based Quexst Associates with UK-based Unicom Seminars Ltd.
Speaking to CXOtoday, Vandana Dandekar, joint chief executive officer of Quexst, said, ISEB is a single certificate course touching all major areas of Information Systems (IS) including management, development, service delivery, and quality.
According to Dandekar, corporates like Satyam have their employees certified all the way from UK. However, with this alliance, Quexst becomes the first company to bring the ISEB training in India. The BCS in association with Unicom would provide the courses in India.
Quexst offers exhaustive training that typically stretches between three to five days. The examination is supervised by the Computer Society of India, while the papers are corrected by the BCS. The certification too is awarded from BCS.
In terms of eligibility, apart from the mandatory graduation, the level of content is such that it necessitates hands-on software development experience of two to three years.
Cost-wise she mentioned it is relatively less expensive than what is offered in UK. Disclosed Dandekar, The course fee ranges from Rs 15,000 to Rs 40,000, while the examination fees could be between Rs 5000-7000.
So, who are their target audience?
Says Dandekar, In view of the steep costs of the courses, we are expecting corporate sponsorships for employees who would like to take up the course. Moreover, when developers are ISEB-certified, IT companies can derive better mileage in terms of positioning their products or services in the global markets, especially in the European market.
Under the current agreement with Unicom, Quexst will offer the courses in Delhi, Calcutta, Pune and Mumbai. Meanwhile in the Southern belt, they plan to offer it in two centers from the three zeroed down to namely, Hyderabad, Chennai, and Bangalore. Six months later, they plan to offer it in cities such as Nagpur, Indore since these are feeder towns to the IT industry.
Quexst Associates offers services in software testing, process consulting and training services.
- Technology Plays A Vital Role In Empowering The Workforce
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- 70% Consumers Stop Following A Business After Data Breach: Study
- Most Jobs In Service Sector Offer Flexible Work Opportunities: Study
- Tablet Shipments to Rise by 0.3% In 2018 After 4 Years of Decline: Study
- More Indian Enterprises Cozying Up To Analytics: Study
- CFOs Focusing On Expense Mgmt To Cut Travel Costs
- Why Consumers Lack Confidence In IoT Device Security
- Only 8 pc Global Enterprises Are 'Truly Intelligent', Says Study
- Indian Surveillance Market Is Gaining Traction: Study