Rajiv Sodhi Resigns From GoDaddy, Rejoins Microsoft
Rajiv Sodhi, vice president and managing director at GoDaddy India submitted his resignation at GoDaddy and is moving back to join Microsoft as the lead of its cloud and server business. Sodhi is an old timer at Microsoft where he spent ten years. In his last role in Microsoft, he was heading the sales and marketing efforts of the cloud and software business at the India office.
Sodhi joined GoDaddy in June 2012, where he played a prominent role for setting up GoDaddy’s India operations. He also introduced products and services in regional languages. Localized payment options to woo businesses their way was also introduced under him. Under his leadership, the company also launched its own cloud servers and applications for developers to quickly build, test and scale cloud solutions. Domain registration actually achieved popularity in India as GoDaddy gained traction due to regular and catchy advertisements.
Sodhi was positioned as “Director – India SMB, Cloud and Software Sales through Distribution and Reseller Channel Management,” at Microsoft, Prior to joining GoDaddy. He was responsible for channel-led sales, and geographic expansion of the cloud business which was in its nascent stage during those years.
In his current role, he will predominantly be responsible for leading the company’s cloud business and compete with AWS, who is its primary competitor in the cloud space in India.
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- Gender Discrimination Continues To Haunt IT Industry
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Computex 2018, Smart Asia Trade Expo To Focus On AI, IoT
- Google Eyes Indian Enterprises With Its Cloud Partnership Program
- Creating Men As Allies In Gender Diversity Programs
- Woman Empowerment Through Edtech
- India Tops Data Literacy And Awareness In APAC: Report