RAM Informatics Enables Bank Merger
Ram Informatics is set to merge 156 branches of four grameen (rural) banks that are subsidiaries of Indian Bank.
Involving data migration and database reorganization, the banks have also been computerized using RAMInfo’s flagship product SmartBANKER 3.x - is a Total Branch Automation Solution, automating all front office and back office functions.
As per RBI and Government of India directions, Shri Venkateswara Grameen Bank and Kanakadurga Grameena Bank are now named Saptagiri Bank, while Adhiyaman Grama Bank and Valalloor Grama Bank are dubbed Pallavan Bank, effective from June 2006.
“SmartBANKER 3.x, a powerful fully parameterized application has been deployed to affect the merger, while Oracle 9i database, Windows 2000 Server, and Visual Basic 6.0 on front end have also been used,” informs T Srinivasulu, Manager - marketing, banking business solutions RAM Inomatics Ltd.
The merged banks is due to introduce 50 branches more during this fiscal year, which will mean additional business for RAMInfo. The SmartBANKER 3.x is being upgraded to SmartBANKER 4.x, offering a multi-lingual feature.
The solution can also be integrated with ATM’s. It has a built-in ABB (Any Branch Banking) feature, so that even if a bank does not use CBS (Core Banking Solution), it can still access its branch with this software.
SmartBANKER 3.x has been installed at over 200 sites across the country, covering commercial, co-operative urban banks and Co-operative credit societies.
- Why 4 out of 10 Security Alerts Go Attended Daily In India?
- Businesses Should Educate Consumers On AI For Smarter Outcome: Study
- Five Tips for Building An 'Inclusive Workplace'
- Using Digital Transformation To Secure Your Bank Locker
- Tata-Backed E-Commerce Firm Moglix On An Expansion Spree
- Indian Firms Are More 'IT Transformed' Than Rest Of Asia: Study
- Apollo Hospitals Using Microsoft's AI To Improve Cardiac Care
- 39% Indian Techies Can Code Before They Turn 20: Study
- A Big Online Boost To India’s Small Businesses
- Using Cloud To Empower SMB Innovation