Ramalinga Raju Absconding?
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has sent a team of officials to Hyderabad to begin probes amid speculations of the impending arrest of Satyam founder - Ramalinga Raju.
However, Raju seems to have vanished into thin air. It seems that Raju became untraceable after sending a letter to Satyam board on Wednesday morning. A local TV channel reported that he had left either for the US or Dubai. Texas is being cited as a likely destination in the media as a case has been registered there against Satyam. However these are only speculations.
The Hyderabad police were also reportedly trying to find the whereabouts of Raju. The Andhra Pradesh government has ordered a probe by the crime branch.
Meanwhile, Satyam stocks took a serious beating yesterday. The stocks plunged by almost 80% at Rs. 39 per share, at day close yesterday.
- Employees Not Bothered About Company’s Security: Study
- Hyderabad To Host 'Olympics Of IT Industry'
- CISOs, Beware Of Crime-as-a-Service, IoT Threats In 2018
- What Makes Apple So Bullish About India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Paying Ransom Makes One More Susceptible To Attack: Report
- How UP Dial 100 Is Changing the Way Police Do Business
- How Mumbai Police Found Its Twitter Success Formula
- Fintech Revolution: How India, APAC Cos Are Moving Ahead
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Sep 4-9)