Raritan introduces KVM-over-IP, device for server management
Raritan today introduced a cost-effective version of the Dominion KX II-101, a one-port, KVM-over-IP remote management device that is meant to deliver secure, unblocked access to servers from anywhere in the world. Small enough to fit in the palm of a hand, the device’s size and features provide versatility in managing data centers, test labs and branch offices.
“Our new Dominion KX II-101 V2 delivers inexpensive KVM-over-IP access, the latest productivity features and a remote management experience that is indistinguishable from an at-the-rack session,” remarked Sanjay Motwani, regional manager - India & Middle East. “It can support environments where servers or other target devices are frequently moved around into different configurations, such as in test labs and demo rooms.”
The solution delivers the same access-and-control technologies that are in Dominion KX II switches, including secure BIOS-level access to servers, Absolute Mouse Synchronization, and Virtual Media for transferring files and installing patches and upgrades over IP. Because the KX II-101 V2 device is small enough to be attached to the side of a server rack or, even, hung from a server, it saves valuable rack space and reduces cable clutter. It also integrates with CommandCenter Secure Gateway, enabling enterprise users to consolidate all Dominion devices into a single logical system with a single management interface.
Designed as a ‘zero-U’, one port/one device solution, KXII-101 V2 provides non-blocking BIOS-level access and control of a single server via a dedicated IP address. As a result, access to a connected server is always possible without needing to wait for an open channel. For shared troubleshooting or collaboration, the KXII-101 V2 enables up to eight remote users to simultaneously view the same server. Remote power management is provided when used with Dominion PX intelligent rack power distribution unit (iPDU).
- How Companies Can Disrupt Ransomware Attacks
- Brands Fail To Use Customer Data to Deliver Personalization: Study
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Qlik to Power Sitel's Big Data Initiative