Raritan launches energy management software
Raritan, a power and infrastructure management, KVM (keyboard, video and mouse) and serial solutions provider for data centers, has introduced a major release of its Power IQ energy management software. Power IQ 2.0 is designed to help data center and lab managers better understand environmental conditions at the rack-level in order to use power and cooling resources optimally without compromising performance.
“Power IQ provides the customers with a comprehensive solution to obtain the most out of their existing power supply and infrastructure. Power IQ provides the information and control to be more energy efficient and find stranded power capacity in areas, such as over cooling and running underutilized servers,” commented Sanjay Motwani, Regional Manager, India and Middle East at Raritan.
Power IQ 2.0 provides thermal analytics for monitoring rack temperatures based on industry guidelines, including ASHRAE (American Society of Heating Refrigerating and Air- Conditioning Engineers) guidelines that recommend the upper temperature limit in a data center be increased by 3.6 degrees Fahrenheit to 80.6 degrees Fahrenheit. Raritan states that Power IQ informs users if a data center or lab is within these recommendations and how much energy can be saved by increasing temperature to meet these new recommendations. The energy management software can also alert users if temperatures exceed threshold conditions and provide long-term trend charts. The solution also enables ‘graceful shut down’ and start (underutilized) Windows and Linux servers connected to any rack power distribution units (PDUs). Energy can also be saved by scheduling automatic power cycling of an “IT device group” when not needed.
- Is There A Weak Link In Your Encryption Strategy?
- Sanjay Brahmawar Joins Software AG As New CEO
- Lack of Skills Raising Demand for IT Security Services
- Indian Firms Are More 'IT Transformed' Than Rest Of Asia: Study
- 8 Ways To Ensure If You Have Right Security Mindset
- Online Retailers Seek Inventory Accuracy To Remain Relevant: Study
- CRM Tools Can Redefine Wealth Management Industry
- AI, Chatbots Are Completely Changing Insurance Industry
- AI-ML Is Taking Travel To The Next Level
- Voice Biometrics To Offer New, Exciting Opportunities To Enterprise