Ratnakar Bank Deploys Desktop Virtualization
Ratnakar Bank, an emerging private sector bank has implemented Citrix desktop virtualization solution for streamlined manageability of IT infrastructure with greater efficiency, enhanced security and better end-user mobility.
Anup Purohit, Head-IT, Ratnakar Bank said in a statement that the bank has always stayed ahead on the technology curve and achieved high standards in service, quality and operations. “With a focus on improving its customer interface, the bank raised its capital base to around USD 250 million from USD 50 million in the last two years to upgrade people, systems and processes. To keep pace with the changing business requirements, the bank charted a three pronged agenda of embracing BYOD, reduce cost of application delivery and increase end-user experience without increasing the cost of IT,” he informed.
In order to achieve these objectives, the Bank recognized the potential of transitioning to a cloud-based application delivery architecture which would enable managing over 150 branches from a central location. In effect, the Bank replaced its traditional desktops with Citrix XenDesktop – a desktop virtualization solution, thereby enabling central management and supporting seamless transition to a new core banking platform. The implementation of Citrix solution was facilitated by Anunta technology Management Services Ltd, a company specializing in Application Delivery as a Service (AdaaS).“The new solution is a milestone in our technology transformation journey. The IT centralization process aided by desktop virtualization has significantly improved process efficiencies and service effectiveness, while boosting our strategic and operational imperatives as a Bank,” added Purohit.
“Through this partnership, we are pleased to support the bank’s transformational initiative towards achieving greater productivity, efficiencies and delivering a high quality banking experience to its stakeholders,” said Sanjay Deshmukh, Area Vice President, Citrix India.
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- Education IT Spending In APAC To Cross $11.8 Bn By 2020
- Bank Branches Will Not Die Anytime Soon: Study
- Google, Airtel Push UPI-Based Digital Payments Market
- Hybrid Cloud In The Era Of Hyper Conversion
- APAC To Lead In Cloud, IoT Adoption: Trend Micro EVP
- Citrix Appoints Makarand Joshi As India Country Head
- Pi Datacenter's New Amaravati Facility To Employ 2,000 Staff
- Machines Poised to Take Over 30% Of Bank Jobs: Study
- SHAREit Crosses 1 Bn Users; Bullish On India Market