RCOM acquires 100 million subscribers in 7 years
Reliance Communications (RCOM), has crossed the landmark 100 million wireless customers, making it the second largest wireless operator in the country to achieve this milestone. The company has attained this feat within seven years of it first launching its pan-India mobile services in 2003. Incidentally, it is also the fastest ramp up of mobile customers in the world.
"The landmark 100 million mobile customer base makes us the youngest telecom operator to achieve this milestone in such a short span of time. As we take the leap to achieve the 200 million mark, we will lead it from the front with more customer-centric innovations and service approach," said Anil Dhirubhai Ambani, Chairman, Reliance ADA Group.
RCOM now aims to achieve the next 100 million customers within the next 1,000 days. As part of this new leg of our journey, the company is adopting a multi-pronged customer-focussed strategy with the expansion of its GSM network and CDMA mobile broadband network, while focussing on customer-centric innovations and enhancing the overall customer experience. The company is also planning to rollout CDMA mobile broadband network offering Internet speed up to 3.1Mbps beyond 60 cities within the next 100 days, taking the total number of cities covered to 125 offering mobile broadband service.
"We are delighted and humbled and thank our 100 million wireless customers who helped us cross this landmark in such a short span of time. We shall strive to offer our CDMA and GSM services in new geographies and make it the most technologically superior service in India," Syed Safawi, CEO - Wireless Business, Reliance Communications.
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- LAVA Appoints Sunil Raina As President, Business Head
- Ransomware Against IoT, Mobile On The Rise: SonicWall
- By 2025, Digital Transactions To Reach $1-Tn Annually: Report
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner