RCom Acquires 3rd Space VAS Edge
Reliance Communications (RCom), in a new tie-up with UK’s 3rd Space Services, will now offer its subscribers access to free video content on their mobiles.
With this partnership, RCom will resort to the advertising model to generate revenues from such services. The services will be available to those subscribers having data services-capable handsets.
Apart from conventional content such as Bollywood songs and films, the tie-up will offer premium content such as Who wants to be a Millionaire series.
According to Krishna Durbha, head (value added services), Reliance Communications, the partnership will not only increase the viewership, but also the revenue for both companies. "Besides, the application offers an outstanding video quality hitherto not experienced by mobile users and will be accessible on every handset in our ecosystem," he said.
"Our initiative will act as a launch-pad for ad-funded videos in India with more exciting things to follow," he added.
3rd Space is one of the world s leading mobile marketing companies.
- Digitally Transform For The New Breed Of Customer
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- Blockchain In The Context Of Enterprises
- AWS re:Invent Bets On Machine Learning To Outdo Rivals
- Trai Backs Net Neutrality; Will RJio, Airtel Stand To Gain?
- Ericsson Forecasts 1 Billion 5G Subscriptions By 2023
- How E-Commerce Can Deliver Exceptional Experiences
- HD Video Streaming Surges To 38 Percent: Report
- Shared Services 2.0 – Next Big Wave Of Offshore Financial Operations
- Rolls Royce Partners TCS To Bolster Digital Capabilities