RCom Acquires 3rd Space VAS Edge
Reliance Communications (RCom), in a new tie-up with UK’s 3rd Space Services, will now offer its subscribers access to free video content on their mobiles.
With this partnership, RCom will resort to the advertising model to generate revenues from such services. The services will be available to those subscribers having data services-capable handsets.
Apart from conventional content such as Bollywood songs and films, the tie-up will offer premium content such as Who wants to be a Millionaire series.
According to Krishna Durbha, head (value added services), Reliance Communications, the partnership will not only increase the viewership, but also the revenue for both companies. "Besides, the application offers an outstanding video quality hitherto not experienced by mobile users and will be accessible on every handset in our ecosystem," he said.
"Our initiative will act as a launch-pad for ad-funded videos in India with more exciting things to follow," he added.
3rd Space is one of the world s leading mobile marketing companies.
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Flipkart To Invest USD 500 Mn In Its Payments Arm PhonePe
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Tech Mahindra Slams Petition Against RCOM Over Dues
- Hiring To Pick Up In Next 6 Months: Report