RCom Acquires 3rd Space VAS Edge
Reliance Communications (RCom), in a new tie-up with UK’s 3rd Space Services, will now offer its subscribers access to free video content on their mobiles.
With this partnership, RCom will resort to the advertising model to generate revenues from such services. The services will be available to those subscribers having data services-capable handsets.
Apart from conventional content such as Bollywood songs and films, the tie-up will offer premium content such as Who wants to be a Millionaire series.
According to Krishna Durbha, head (value added services), Reliance Communications, the partnership will not only increase the viewership, but also the revenue for both companies. "Besides, the application offers an outstanding video quality hitherto not experienced by mobile users and will be accessible on every handset in our ecosystem," he said.
"Our initiative will act as a launch-pad for ad-funded videos in India with more exciting things to follow," he added.
3rd Space is one of the world s leading mobile marketing companies.
- How Tech Has Revitalized India's Financial Planning Market
- Lack Of Integrated Tools Leads To Project Failure: Study
- How AI-ML Are Fueling Video Editing Innovations
- India Says 'Yes' To Net Neutrality; What Does It Mean
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Plantronics Completes USD 2-Bn Polycom Acquisition
- What Google's Foray Into E-Commerce Means For India
- Firms Unable To Cope With Security Skill Gap, Vendor Sprawl: Study