RCom, Aircel to Share Telecom Infra
Telecom majors Reliance Communications (RCom) and Aircel have reportedly reached an agreement on sharing telecom infrastructure like towers. The deal is said to be worth $300 million
The deal will cover end-to-end telecom infrastructure agreement for towers, voice carriage and bulk bandwidth, and is expected to boost RCom’s revenue by over Rs.1,500 crore.
The sharing of infrastructure will be across circles where Aircel has its telecom services as well as new circles where the company will launch services, sources say.
Under the deal, Aircel will also get access to Reliance Infratel’s nationwide tower infrastructure comprising 50,000 sites and the optic cable fibre backbone of RCom’s pan-India telecom network.
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson
- 850 Mn Internet Users To Boost India's Digital Economy
- Most CIOs Not Interested In Blockchain 'Hype'
- NDCP 2018: Preparing India For A Digital Future?
- Tata Comm To Help CII With Digital Transformation
- India’s 4G Feature Phone Segment To Touch 40 Mn: Report
- Semiconductors in Data Storage
- IT, Digital Firms Comprise LinkedIn's Best Cos For 2018
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP