RCom in JV Talks for Dual Mode Handsets
Reliance Communications subsidiary Reliance Webstore and Chinese handset manufacturer Yulong are in talks to form a JV to sell mobile handsets that will support GSM as well as the CDMA platform in the Indian market.
Yulong is a subsidiary of China Wireless Technologies, which derives about 55% of its total revenues from the dual-mode segment.
The JV entity will be aiming for revenues of Rs 600 crore within five years. Initially, the companies plan to launch five models which will be distributed through Reliance World.
The companies also intend to introduce 3G handsets in the Indian handset market.
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market
- By 2025, Digital Transactions To Reach $1-Tn Annually: Report
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Citizen Engagement Is Critical To Smart Cities' Success: Gartner
- Google Eyes Indian Enterprises With Its Cloud Partnership Program
- India Tops Data Literacy And Awareness In APAC: Report
- India Inc's Progress on Gender Diversity: Good, Bad or Ugly?