RCom in JV Talks for Dual Mode Handsets
Reliance Communications subsidiary Reliance Webstore and Chinese handset manufacturer Yulong are in talks to form a JV to sell mobile handsets that will support GSM as well as the CDMA platform in the Indian market.
Yulong is a subsidiary of China Wireless Technologies, which derives about 55% of its total revenues from the dual-mode segment.
The JV entity will be aiming for revenues of Rs 600 crore within five years. Initially, the companies plan to launch five models which will be distributed through Reliance World.
The companies also intend to introduce 3G handsets in the Indian handset market.
- Lack Of Integrated Tools Leads To Project Failure: Study
- IITs, IIMs Salary Skyrocket; Overall Hiring Slows Down
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- Here's Why The Voice-First Strategy Will Rule
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research
- Public WiFi To Connect India's 40 mn New Users To Internet: Study
- Plantronics Completes USD 2-Bn Polycom Acquisition
- Bata Strengthens Omnichannel CRM Strategy