RCom in JV Talks for Dual Mode Handsets
Reliance Communications subsidiary Reliance Webstore and Chinese handset manufacturer Yulong are in talks to form a JV to sell mobile handsets that will support GSM as well as the CDMA platform in the Indian market.
Yulong is a subsidiary of China Wireless Technologies, which derives about 55% of its total revenues from the dual-mode segment.
The JV entity will be aiming for revenues of Rs 600 crore within five years. Initially, the companies plan to launch five models which will be distributed through Reliance World.
The companies also intend to introduce 3G handsets in the Indian handset market.
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Tech Mahindra Slams Petition Against RCOM Over Dues
- Gartner: Top 10 Strategic Tech Trends For 2018
- Why Artificial Intelligence Is Poised To Disrupt E-Commerce
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation