RCom in JV Talks for Dual Mode Handsets
Reliance Communications subsidiary Reliance Webstore and Chinese handset manufacturer Yulong are in talks to form a JV to sell mobile handsets that will support GSM as well as the CDMA platform in the Indian market.
Yulong is a subsidiary of China Wireless Technologies, which derives about 55% of its total revenues from the dual-mode segment.
The JV entity will be aiming for revenues of Rs 600 crore within five years. Initially, the companies plan to launch five models which will be distributed through Reliance World.
The companies also intend to introduce 3G handsets in the Indian handset market.
- 70% Indian Firms To Deploy AI By 2020: Intel
- Why 2018 Will Belong To Cloud, AI, Blockchain
- What Makes Samsung Bullish On India Market?
- Governance, Risk and Compliance- Trends and Predictions
- Technology Plays A Vital Role In Empowering The Workforce
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- GES '17: Ivanka Trump’s Focus On Tech Is Not Misplaced
- 70% Consumers Stop Following A Business After Data Breach: Study
- AWS re:Invent Bets On Machine Learning To Outdo Rivals
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G