RCom Selects 8 Vendors for MNP Contract
Reliance Communications (RCom) is set to award a deal worth Rs 700 to Rs 800 crore for implementation of mobile number portability (MNP) integration across its network to eight global telecom companies.
The companies selected for MNP implementation are: Tekelec, HP, Intec, Huawei, ZTE, Ericsson, Lucent and Radio Telecom
MNP allows mobile users to change their service providers while retaining their numbers.
Under the contract, HP would provide the gateway infrastructure for MNP implementation and Tekelec the integration set-up which would enable the Reliance network to find out the correct serving operator of the called party and re-route the call correctly.
UK-based Intec Telecom Systems would cover capacity enhancement and scale-up of RCom s IT infrastructure through its business support system solution (BSS). The contract for network core solution required to perform MNP look-up has been awarded jointly to China s Huawei and ZTE, Sweden s Ericsson and France-based Lucent.
UK-based Radio Telecom System will be RCom s IT partner for MNP implementation and maintenance.
The MNP-ready system is to be set up in two phases. In the first phase , the MNP integration will cover Delhi, Mumbai, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Kolkata, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka circles. The work is to be completed by the end of December. The second phase involves implementation in rest of the circles by March 2010.
Number Portability to Begin from Dec. 31
DoT Puts Off MNP Introduction to Dec 31
MNP Likely to Affect Indian Mobile Operators
Trai Seeks Industry Views on MNP Charges
TRAI Announces Number Portability Regulations
- Chinese Smartphones Move To Top 5 Global List, Courtesy India
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Jan 29-Feb 2)
- Why Are Telcos Disappointed With Budget 2018
- India's Premium Smartphone Market Surges 20% In 2017: Report
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jan 15-20)
- India's Telecom Sector To Slash 80K-90K Jobs
- How Digital Tech Is Changing Customer Experience
- WB To Announce New IT Policy To Woo Investors: CM
- Ericsson Forecasts 1 Billion 5G Subscriptions By 2023
- HFCL Gets A Deal Of Rs 128 Cr From BSNL