Red Hat announces new head of virtualization
Red Hat, Inc., a provider of open source solutions announced that it has appointed a new head of its virtualization technologies and solutions. Radhesh Balakrishnan, previously of Microsoft, will serve as the global leader of Red Hat’s virtualization infrastructure solutions, including responsibilities for the company’s Red Hat OpenStack and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization technologies and solutions.
Balakrishnan joins Red Hat from Microsoft, where he held product management and product marketing responsibilities across a wide range of product lines. Most recently Balakrishnan served as a senior director responsible for the Windows Azure cloud platform business in the Asia Pacific region.
“Red Hat’s leadership in open source, KVM and OpenStack are assets key to delivering cost-effective virtualization and IaaS solutions to enterprise customers as well as cloud service providers. I am excited to join Red Hat to lead the efforts to help deliver on its promise of open hybrid cloud,” Radhesh Balakrishnan, global leader, Virtualization, Red Hat.
- Stratus Unveils Edge Computing Strategy
- Big Data Gaining Grounds In Precision Medicine
- Trai Backs Net Neutrality; Will RJio, Airtel Stand To Gain?
- Airtel-Karbonn Bring Two New Bundled Smartphones To Counter Jio
- SDN-NFV: The Game Changers In Indian Telecom sector
- Building Intelligent Security Into Your Network
- Govt, Telcos Drive VMware’s Growth In India
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- Hybrid Cloud In The Era Of Hyper Conversion
- APAC To Lead In Cloud, IoT Adoption: Trend Micro EVP