Red Hat, Cisco expand virtualization collaboration
Red Hat, a provider of open source solutions, and Cisco, a networking solutions provider, have expanded their virtualization collaboration with the integration of Cisco Virtual Network Link (VN-Link) technology with Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization. Through this partnership, customers will be able to gain greater network visibility and control at a reduced total cost of ownership for their data center virtualization deployments.
Red Hat and Cisco are integrating the Cisco Unified Computing System Virtual Interface Card with the kernel-based virtual machine (KVM) hypervisor included in Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization. This combination creates a logical network infrastructure that provides visibility, control and consistency of the network for virtualization.
VN-Link automates the movement of network and storage services so they can follow virtual machines as they are moved around the data center to ensure consistent policy-driven network capabilities across all servers, physical or virtual, in a customer’s datacenter.
Customers can manage and secure virtual environments with the higher visibility and network control provided by VN-Link on a per-virtual-machine basis for applications running under Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization. Application deployment is claimed to be faster with the automation of virtual machine creation with policy based network configurations that are jointly supported by both companies’ virtualization management tools.
"With the tight integration between the Cisco Unified Computing System and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, we are offering our joint customers significantly enhanced virtualization performance capabilities," said Brian Stevens, CTO and vice president, Engineering at Red Hat.
The integrated solution is expected to be available from Red Hat and Cisco later this year in line with the availability of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, including the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor.
- What Can Blockchain Do For Data Privacy?
- Cloud Environments Are Maturing, Yet Growing Complex
- How Collaboration Tools Can Boost Enterprise Engagement
- IBM, Fortinet Team Up On Cyber Threat Data sharing
- Tech Is The Future of Employee Onboarding, Says Study
- 8 Ways To Ensure If You Have Right Security Mindset
- Digital Security At The Heart Of Business Strategy
- There's Potential To Unlock USD 50-Bn in India's Online Commerce
- Online Retailers Seek Inventory Accuracy To Remain Relevant: Study
- CRM Tools Can Redefine Wealth Management Industry