Red Hat, Cisco Extend Cloud Collaboration In India
Red Hat, one of the world’s leading provider of open source solutions, announced the extension of their cloud collaboration with Cisco in India. The combination of Red Hat’s open source solutions and Cisco technology has delivered innovative solutions to customers, enabling them to achieve greater IT efficiencies and bringing them toward next-generation enterprise computing.
According to IDC, in 2014 the size of the worldwide cloud systems management software market in 2018 stands at US$5.8 billion. With this in mind, Red Hat and Cisco have announced a new Center of Excellence in Gurgaon, India, to provide customers and partners with an opportunity to review their cloud frameworks and experience how they can deliver cloud innovation within their organizations.
Red Hat will be showcasing technology solutions on Cisco platforms, which include OpenShift by Red Hat, Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform, and Red Hat CloudForms, designed to serve as the foundation for building OpenStack-powered clouds for advanced cloud users, such as telecommunications companies, Internet service providers (ISPs), and public cloud hosting providers, according to a statement.
Dirk-Peter van Leeuwen, senior vice president and general manager, Red Hat Asia Pacific, and Rajesh Rege, director and country head (Datacenter & Cloud Business Entity), Cisco India / SAARC officially opened the center.
In the last one year, Red Hat and Cisco have collaborated on several new initiatives, including Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI), and a Cisco Validated Design (CVD) that incorporates OpenShift into Cisco’s latest Intelligent Automation for Cloud and Virtualized Multiservice Data Center releases, enabling enterprises to build a powerful PaaS with tools from underlying Cisco server and networking hardware to OpenShift.
Cisco and Red Hat share a common view and approach towards next-generation IT architectures, and the new Center of Excellence in India shows mutual commitment to collaborate to deliver industry-defining solutions for the open hybrid cloud, said the statement.
- Google To Work On Its Own Blockchain Technology
- Xerox Is Securing The Future Of Work
- Entrepreneurship Perceptions On Rise In India: GEM Report
- IT, Digital Firms Comprise LinkedIn's Best Cos For 2018
- PVR Cinemas Moves To Cloud For HR Transformation
- How DTDC Uses Cloud To Offer 50pc Faster Resolution Of Service Cases
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market