Red Hat Releases 'Cloud' Virtualization Platform
Red Hat rolls out virtualization platform for heterogeneous servers and clouds
The virtualization platform features comprehensive management tools for server deployments, from small business to the cloud
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Servers is designed to enable pervasive adoption of virtualization, with an end-to-end solution combining a standalone hypervisor and virtualization management, says the company.
In February 2009, Red Hat announced plans to deliver the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization portfolio, building on its Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system platform. Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Servers entered a worldwide beta in June 2009.
In September 2009, Red Hat delivered the foundation of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4, which offers next-generation Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) virtualization technology.
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Servers will include the following components -
* Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor: A standalone, lightweight, high-performance hypervisor designed to host Linux and Microsoft Windows virtual servers and desktops. It provides a solid virtualization foundation for cloud deployments and other highly dynamic IT environments. Using KVM technology, the hypervisor provides high performance and security coupled with memory sharing technology, which permits more efficient guest consolidation, and enterprise features such as live migration.
* Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager for Servers: A platform for configuring, provisioning, managing and organizing virtualized Linux and Microsoft Windows servers. It is designed for customers who seek to reduce the cost, complexity and time required to manage large-scale virtualization deployments.
"Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization is truly differentiated from other virtualization solutions as it inherits the powerful functionality, hardware support and certification of Red Hat Enterprise Linux," said Paul Cormier, executive vice president and president, (products and technologies) at Red Hat. "Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization provides ISVs, IHVs and customers with the opportunity to seamlessly move applications and hardware platforms from bare metal computing to virtualized computing to cloud computing while maintaining certifications. We believe that Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, especially the management components, will allow customers to use virtualization pervasively."
- Google To Work On Its Own Blockchain Technology
- All You Need To Know About Facebook-Cambridge Data Leak Saga
- Machine Learning Helps Doctors To Generate Precise, Faster Prescriptions
- Insurance Cos Lack Strategy To Leverage IoT Data: Study
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- PVR Cinemas Moves To Cloud For HR Transformation
- How DTDC Uses Cloud To Offer 50pc Faster Resolution Of Service Cases
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector