Reliance Communications & Nokia form business alliance
Reliance Communications, an integrated telecom operator and Nokia India have announced a ‘multi-faceted’ business alliance to foster greater use of mobile services, making consumers do more with their phones. The RCOM-Nokia partnership is meant to engage with the Indian consumers to offer an array of innovative mobile, data and services offerings in India.
V Ramnath, Director, Operator Channels, Nokia India said, “To take mobility to the next level, Nokia is moving beyond products to add services like Ovi Life Tools and Ovi Music Unlimited on its devices. These services have the potential to positively impact livelihoods at one hand and provide entertainment platforms to our consumers at the other.”
Ovi Life Tools, a range of personalized services covering agriculture, education and entertainment targeted at both urban and rural consumers will be an integral component of this RCOM and Nokia alliance. The two companies will jointly create an enabling environment to address the information gaps in rural & semi-urban India by making available Ovi Life Tools for Reliance users.
The alliance includes making Ovi Life Tools services available to the rural and semi-urban segments for Reliance customers. This also includes an exclusive offer an on Reliance Netconnect Broadband and USB Datacards on the purchase of Nokia OMU (Ovi Music Unlimited) enabled phones.
Vrajesh Shelat, head of Wireless Data Services & Alliances, Reliance Communications said, “In the last two quarters, there has been a significant adoption of smartphones by Indian consumers. We have seen the sales of smartphones on our network increase manifold. With the rollout of 3G, we see a huge opportunity in fostering a mutually beneficial business relationship to offer customers unique voice, data as well as VAS innovations with Nokia.”
Reliance Communications will offer Ovi Life Tools services in two versions, subscription and pay per use. RCOM is also offering mobile data bundle of 1.2 GB on Nokia GPRS-enabled handsets (other than the OMU-enabled phones). In addition, RCOM is offering up to 1,800 free on-net minutes bundled with Nokia 1800. These free voice minutes and mobile data bundles has a validity of six months.
- Accenture, Israel Consulate And Nasscom launch 'scalerator'
- Home Is Where IoT Is: Life In A Smart House
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- Here's How Tambo Is Bridging India's Mobility Gap
- Businesses Speed Up Adoption of Augmented Analytics Tools
- India Among Top 5 Countries Generating E-Waste