Reliance Communications sets up 3G Innovation Lab
Reliance Communications (NSE: RCOM), a telecom service provider, is drawing up plans to roll out 3G across the country. The company has won 13 circles including the metros of Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata for the 3G spectrum and has now appointed Prashant Gokarn as ‘Head, 3G’.
At RCOM, Prashant Gokarn has been heading Corporate Strategy for the past two years. Following his new mandate, he has moved to 3G business with immediate effect. Prashant Gokarn will also be a key member of RCOM’s Wireless Management Board. RCOM has also roped in Google’s former Head of Wireless Business, Suresh Jayaraju as Head, New Age VAS. Suresh has over 14 years of experience in managing Internet, media, and mobile technologies.
As part of its 3G readiness plan, RCOM has set up a fully-integrated 3G Innovation Lab with end-to-end wireless network infrastructure. It is located at Reliance ADA Group’s headquarters in Dhirubhai Ambani Knowledge City, near Mumbai. This Innovation Lab will be an integral part of RCOM’s 3G operations, offering real-time product developmental capabilities and time-to-market equation benefits to RCOM. Gokarn said, “Our 3G Innovation Lab will drive all 3G innovations for mobile as well as other platforms. It will aid in demystifying 3G technology and make it simpler for adoption amongst cross-section of customer groups.”
The objective of the Innovation Lab is to facilitate the development of mobile service innovations through collaboration with third-party developers and partners to jointly create applications for consumers. The 3G Innovation Lab will involve a community of content developers, product innovators, technology platforms enablers, device manufactures and OEMs. The collaborative unit will be formed through tie ups with top local as well as global partners who will further aid in improvising the innovation quotient.
The Lab is a move towards the ‘Open Platforms’ architecture which encompass open systems, open networks, democratic framework for partners and consumers for availability of the best products based on the consumer’s usage.
- PVR Cinemas Moves To Cloud For HR Transformation
- Embracing Opportunities And Challenges Of Digital Transformation
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- How Machine Learning Is Changing CIO's Role
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- LAVA Appoints Sunil Raina As President, Business Head