Reliance General Insurance rolls out M-POS platform
The application is presently rolled out on Android devices, and will help sales force to issue quotes, policies, track leads and renewals without any need of branch support.
Private general insurance company Reliance General Insurance (RGICL) partnered with GoDB Tech, a software product firm specializing in enterprise mobility solutions, for the development of a mobile insurance point of sale (M-POS) application.
The GoDB M-POS application is an industry-first Policy Issuance system working on smartphones/tablets on Android.
“This will help our sales people to issue quotes, policies, track their leads and renewals without any need of branch support. The model can scale to accommodate multiple products and increase insurance penetration in areas where it may not be financially feasible to build brick and mortar presence,” said Sudip Banerjee, CTO, RGICL.
The M-POS application is presently rolled out on Android devices and is powered by the GoDB mobility platform, which is already deployed on the existing PC based offline POS systems at RGICL across the country. The platform equips the RGICL affiliated insurance agents with a mobile insurance point of sale for selling policies directly at the customer’s doorstep.
The new M-POS system would also enable the RGICL sales team and third party agents to generate instant quotation and cover notes for a policy. This cover-note is pushed as an email and available online for printing.
The forthcoming months would see more retail products like health, travel etc. being rolled out on the same platform.
“With the exploding volumes of smart-devices and ubiquitous connectivity, mobility is now morphing into a necessity,” said Mahavir Chand, Director, GoDB Tech.
- Paytm Registers Exponential Growth In Automobile Vertical
- Ten Disastrous Tech M&As Of All Time
- Tech Startups Aid Auto Majors Embrace New Tech
- GSMA Launches Mobile Connect Solution In India
- Reliance Jio’s 4G Fever To Continue For Smartphones
- TRAI Plans Consultation Paper On Mobile Service Quality
- 4G Price War: It's Reliance Jio Vs. The Others
- Going Digital: A Win-Win For Insurance Firms, Policy Holders
- Softbank To Acquire ARM for $32 Billion
- The World of Digital HR Is Transforming Workplaces