Religare Adopts IBM's Storage Virtualization
Religare Enterprises, a financial services group, has selected IBM’s unique Storage Virtualization solution (SAN Volume Controller 5.1) and DS5000 disk solution. The combined solution will help Religare overcome an existing performance monitoring issue while providing a platform to virtualize their existing heterogeneous environment and a roadmap to achieve better TCO and higher ROI. The solution will enhance their storage utilization by as much as 30%, says the company.
IBM’s Storage Virtualization Solution will help virtualize the disk pool from multiple storage subsystems into a reservoir of capacity that can be managed more efficiently, improving storage utilization and administration and enhancing performance to meet future growth.
The solution will also ensure seamless data migration between subsystems while automating the Storage usage by "On Demand" provisioning and increasing the business flexibility by providing higher availability & scalability with improved performance. Moreover, the proposed solution will further compliment the BCP (Business Continuity Plan) more efficiently and effectively giving higher confidence to Religare.
"Cost reduction in recessionary times is not just about containing operational cost and complexity, but achieving breakthrough productivity gains through virtualization, optimization, energy stewardship, and flexible sourcing," said Saurabh Srivastava, Sr. Vice President (IT), Religare Enterprises.
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- Hybrid Cloud In The Era Of Hyper Conversion
- APAC To Lead In Cloud, IoT Adoption: Trend Micro EVP
- Pi Datacenter's New Amaravati Facility To Employ 2,000 Staff
- Why Object Storage Is Becoming The New Default
- Top 4 Challenges Of Application Hosting
- Using Virtualization To Enhance Security, Save On Infrastructure
- Infor Teams Up With LinkedIn To Empower CRM
- How HDS Is Betting Big On Data And Analytics
- How Cloud Can Make MNOs Profitable