Renowned physicist joins Blackberry's institute
The world’s most famous living physicist, Prof. Stephen Hawking will join Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics (PI), Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. PI was set up by Research in Motion (RIM) makers of Blackberry smartphones.
Prof. Hawking has made several path-breaking contributions to theoretical physics. His visit to Waterloo in June and July of 2010 will mainly focus on scientific research and private collaborations with other leading physicists at PI.
PI director Neil Turok, a colleague of Prof. Hawking, said, "We hope Stephen’s visit to Perimeter will be just the first of many. His ideas have had a huge impact on our basic understanding of the universe. He is an exceptional communicator, whether to other scientists or to the wider public. And we are looking forward to his impressions of the ‘Stephen Hawking Centre at Perimeter Institute’ now under construction."
- CXOs Still Wary Of Cloud Data Security: Study
- AI, Cloud, IoT To Have Huge Impact On Semicon Revenue: KPMG
- Why Financial Sector CIOs Should Get On Top Of Machine Learning
- Smart Cars Can Be The Next Big Thing For Indian IT Firms, Says Study
- 4G Smartphones Sees 14 pc Growth In India: IDC
- How CIOs Can Unleash App Power In Digital Business
- Why The Future of V2X Technology Is Promising
- CISOs Wary Of Threat Intelligence Accuracy, Quality: Study
- Chinese Smartphones Move To Top 5 Global List, Courtesy India
- Xerox: The Noun That Became A Verb, Expired