Renowned physicist joins Blackberry's institute
The world’s most famous living physicist, Prof. Stephen Hawking will join Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics (PI), Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. PI was set up by Research in Motion (RIM) makers of Blackberry smartphones.
Prof. Hawking has made several path-breaking contributions to theoretical physics. His visit to Waterloo in June and July of 2010 will mainly focus on scientific research and private collaborations with other leading physicists at PI.
PI director Neil Turok, a colleague of Prof. Hawking, said, "We hope Stephen’s visit to Perimeter will be just the first of many. His ideas have had a huge impact on our basic understanding of the universe. He is an exceptional communicator, whether to other scientists or to the wider public. And we are looking forward to his impressions of the ‘Stephen Hawking Centre at Perimeter Institute’ now under construction."
- Why 4 out of 10 Security Alerts Go Attended Daily In India?
- Research Reveals AI Is Creating More 'Human Friendly' Workplaces
- How UST Global Tackles Cyber Threats Head-On
- Tech Is The Future of Employee Onboarding, Says Study
- 8 Ways To Ensure If You Have Right Security Mindset
- Voice Biometrics To Offer New, Exciting Opportunities To Enterprise
- Rapid Innovation Puts Customer Experience At Risk: Study
- How Do You Solve A Cloud Compliance Crisis
- Cloud Majors to Put More Emphasis on Edge Computing: Study
- IITs, IIMs Salary Skyrocket; Overall Hiring Slows Down