Renowned physicist joins Blackberry's institute
The world’s most famous living physicist, Prof. Stephen Hawking will join Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics (PI), Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. PI was set up by Research in Motion (RIM) makers of Blackberry smartphones.
Prof. Hawking has made several path-breaking contributions to theoretical physics. His visit to Waterloo in June and July of 2010 will mainly focus on scientific research and private collaborations with other leading physicists at PI.
PI director Neil Turok, a colleague of Prof. Hawking, said, "We hope Stephen’s visit to Perimeter will be just the first of many. His ideas have had a huge impact on our basic understanding of the universe. He is an exceptional communicator, whether to other scientists or to the wider public. And we are looking forward to his impressions of the ‘Stephen Hawking Centre at Perimeter Institute’ now under construction."
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- NIC Steps Up Its Efforts To Hire More Cyber Security Pros
- 85% Companies Not Ready For GDPR Compliance: Report
- Making Communication Convenient for Rural India
- Leaders Should Optimize IT I&O For Digital Business
- Despite Global Talent Crunch, India To Have Manpower Surplus
- NITI Aayog, Google To Jointly Foster India's AI Ecosystem
- Counterfeit Products Continue To Haunt E-Commerce
- Smart City Mission Receives Impetus from Tech Giants
- Xiaomi Continues To Rule India's Smartphone Market