Renowned physicist joins Blackberry's institute
The world’s most famous living physicist, Prof. Stephen Hawking will join Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics (PI), Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. PI was set up by Research in Motion (RIM) makers of Blackberry smartphones.
Prof. Hawking has made several path-breaking contributions to theoretical physics. His visit to Waterloo in June and July of 2010 will mainly focus on scientific research and private collaborations with other leading physicists at PI.
PI director Neil Turok, a colleague of Prof. Hawking, said, "We hope Stephen’s visit to Perimeter will be just the first of many. His ideas have had a huge impact on our basic understanding of the universe. He is an exceptional communicator, whether to other scientists or to the wider public. And we are looking forward to his impressions of the ‘Stephen Hawking Centre at Perimeter Institute’ now under construction."
- How CIOs Can Ensure A Seat At The Strategy Table
- What’s Up With Mid-level IT leaders?
- Microsoft India Cybersecurity Center Aids 126 Organizations
- Airtel-Karbonn Bring Two New Bundled Smartphones To Counter Jio
- Cisco-ver 2: Fixing Spokes While The Bicycle Is In Motion
- How TV, Print Media Firms Are Leveraging Digital Technologies
- How OnePlus, Apple Push Samsung To Third Slot
- Govt, Telcos Drive VMware’s Growth In India
- Central Government Clears BharatNet For Tamil Nadu
- Feature Phones Now One Of Best Diwali Gifts