Renowned physicist joins Blackberry's institute
The world’s most famous living physicist, Prof. Stephen Hawking will join Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics (PI), Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. PI was set up by Research in Motion (RIM) makers of Blackberry smartphones.
Prof. Hawking has made several path-breaking contributions to theoretical physics. His visit to Waterloo in June and July of 2010 will mainly focus on scientific research and private collaborations with other leading physicists at PI.
PI director Neil Turok, a colleague of Prof. Hawking, said, "We hope Stephen’s visit to Perimeter will be just the first of many. His ideas have had a huge impact on our basic understanding of the universe. He is an exceptional communicator, whether to other scientists or to the wider public. And we are looking forward to his impressions of the ‘Stephen Hawking Centre at Perimeter Institute’ now under construction."
- Intel Imparts AI Training To 9,500 Techies
- Google Acquires HTC Talent To Bolster Devices Sale
- Bank Branches Will Not Die Anytime Soon: Study
- Negligent Staff, Poor Passwords Trigger Cyber Threats: Study
- India Sets Up Policy Group To Study AI: NASSCOM
- Workplace Culture Drives Company’s Financial Performance
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Sep 4-9)
- IBM Collaborates With MIT On AI Research
- Automation To Axe 7 Lakh Jobs, But Not High-skilled Jobs
- Poor Cybersecurity Hygiene Leads To Greater Risks: Study