RIL May Unveil Its 4G Services By August
Market research firm, Morgan Stanley has predicted that Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) may roll out its 4G services in the next three months. The research firm also estimates that RIL may eye a revenue of $1 billion from its 4G network in the current fiscal year.
The roll out is expected to witness a price war between the existing 4G operators and the new entrant which will benefit subscribers with heavy data usage requirments.
The roll out will also push the sales of 4G enabled handsets in the Indian smartphone market, which at present hold around 62 market share in the segment. While all current flagship as well as mid range smartphones are 4G enabled, handset vendors are also focussing on integrating 4G compatibility to budget offerings, coming with a price tag of below INR 5000.
The floated research note also included that if there is a delay in launch of 4G network by RIL, the existing 4G operators may get an upper hand as they continue to evolve their services.
”We are estimating launch in the early second half of the ongoing year, however if the launch is delayed to late 2016, incumbents could have a better operating environment in the short term,” said the note.
At present RJio is reportedly in the testing stage of its 4G network and has invested a total of $19 billion in its newly formed telecom division.
Morgan Stanley also expects RJio to garner as much as 30 million subscribers by Fiscal Year 2017 which can go up to 60 million by FY 2018, generating a revenue of $1billion in FY 2017.
The company plans to spend INR 30,000 crore in FY 2017 for expansion of its 4G services, including deploying more towers, fibre cables, small cells etc. Reliance at the moment owns 2.7 lakh km of fibre cable, 90,000 towers and 50,000 small cells, said Morgan Stanley
- Helping You Escape Competition With UPI Payments
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security
- Network Visibility: How To Diffuse The IT Blame Game
- SITA Helps Vistara Speed Up Communication
- PayPal To Acquire Swift Financial For Lending Biz Expansion
- India Can Use Technology To Fight Against Corruption
- Brocade Branches Out SDN Controller Into Lumina
- Six Focus Areas For Business Success
- How CXOs Can Be Safe When Using Wi-Fi At Public Places
- Digital Economy: Small And Nimble May Win The Race