RIM Releases BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express
RIM has introduced an updated version of its BlackBerry Enterprise Server software - the Enterprise Server Express. The free software enables wireless synchronization of BlackBerry smartphones with MS Exchange or MS Windows Small Business Server
The new BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express software will be provided free of charge and will target two key segments - SMBs that desire the enterprise-grade security and manageability of BlackBerry Enterprise Server but don’t require all of its advanced features and enterprises that want to allow their employees to connect to work email from their smartphone.
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express works with Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2007 and 2003 and Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008 and 2003. It provides users with push-based, wireless access to email, calendar, contacts, notes and tasks, as well as other business applications and enterprise systems behind the firewall.
For IT administrators, BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express also offers the following:
* Runs on the same physical or virtual server as the Microsoft mail server or on its own server. BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express is also certified for use with VMware ESX
* Over 35 IT controls and policies, including the ability to remotely wipe a smartphone and enforce and reset passwords
* A Web-based interface that allows remote administration and makes it easy to install the software, connect BlackBerry smartphones and apply usage policies
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express is expected to be available as a free download in March.
- Adoption of Social Business Models Growing, Says ISG
- CXOs Struggling To Turn Digital Strategies into Performance
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- People Analytics Drives Strong Business Outcomes: Study
- Data Science: A Success Mantra For Business Optimization
- 5 Steps CISOs Can Implement to Enhance Customer Experience
- Here's How Tambo Is Bridging India's Mobility Gap
- Silvan Launches IoT Business Manager for The Enterprise
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative