RIM Releases BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express
RIM has introduced an updated version of its BlackBerry Enterprise Server software - the Enterprise Server Express. The free software enables wireless synchronization of BlackBerry smartphones with MS Exchange or MS Windows Small Business Server
The new BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express software will be provided free of charge and will target two key segments - SMBs that desire the enterprise-grade security and manageability of BlackBerry Enterprise Server but don’t require all of its advanced features and enterprises that want to allow their employees to connect to work email from their smartphone.
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express works with Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2007 and 2003 and Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008 and 2003. It provides users with push-based, wireless access to email, calendar, contacts, notes and tasks, as well as other business applications and enterprise systems behind the firewall.
For IT administrators, BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express also offers the following:
* Runs on the same physical or virtual server as the Microsoft mail server or on its own server. BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express is also certified for use with VMware ESX
* Over 35 IT controls and policies, including the ability to remotely wipe a smartphone and enforce and reset passwords
* A Web-based interface that allows remote administration and makes it easy to install the software, connect BlackBerry smartphones and apply usage policies
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express is expected to be available as a free download in March.
- Business Intelligence In Insurance Industry: What Are The Possibilities?
- How Cisco Streamlined UTI's Communication System
- Subscription E-commerce: What Online Retailers Should Know
- How Cloud Is Transforming CXOs' Operating Style
- India’s Digital Payments Will Touch USD 1-Tn By 2022: Report
- Digital Engineering Spend To Grow 124 pc By 2022
- AI, Robotics Are All Here; Are Business Leaders Ready?
- LinkedIn Launches ‘Scheduler’ Feature To Ease Hiring Process
- Using RPA For Greater Accuracy, Efficiency In Business
- 4G Smartphones Sees 14 pc Growth In India: IDC