Riverbed and VMware in Virtualization Agreement
Riverbed Technology has signed an OEM agreement to embed VMware software as the virtualization platform for the Riverbed Services Platform (RSP). RSP is a virtualized delivery solution within Steelhead appliances.
According to Riverbed, with the VMware platform inside Steelhead appliances, enterprises can consolidate their IT infrastructure and improve manageability by running up to five remote office virtual edge services, without the need for separate dedicated servers. This will allow them to improve asset utilization, operational efficiency, and business agility, while helping to control IT costs and ensure end-user satisfaction. Services currently available for deployment on the RSP include streaming media, print services, and DNS/DHCP/IPAM.
The RSP, which will be virtualized by VMware, is an extensible data services platform that allows customers to deploy best-of-breed edge services that formerly required dedicated servers as virtual appliances. Customers can deploy these virtual appliances directly on Steelhead products to further minimize the hardware infrastructure footprint at the branch office.
“Running the RSP on VMware puts us in a position to offer our customers the most robust and widely-deployed virtualization software available right on our Steelhead platform,” said Jerry Kennelly, president and CEO of Riverbed Technology. “Together, VMware and Riverbed will enable server-less remote office computing, which drives IT efficiencies, while providing our customers with high performance computing and productivity for all their knowledge workers, wherever they are.”
RSP virtual appliances will also be listed on the VMware Virtual Appliance Marketplace - an online directory of virtual appliances. The initial third-party applications and services qualified on the new VMware-powered RSP are:
* Secure Computing Secure SnapGear firewall technology
* Infoblox NIOS software for DNS/DHCP/IPAM
* Wowza media server for streaming media
VMware Lays Stress on Data Center Automation
- Digitally Transform For The New Breed Of Customer
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- Blockchain In The Context Of Enterprises
- Shared Services 2.0 – Next Big Wave Of Offshore Financial Operations
- Rolls Royce Partners TCS To Bolster Digital Capabilities
- HCL Inks A Five Year Contract With JLT
- Flipkart Selects Smartron To Design, Engineer Its First Smartphone
- Alibaba Sees India As Significant Market In Its Global Strategy